Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder with HDD I'm well confused?

Options
  • 03-01-2006 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

I have being looking onto getting one of these now for ages, I have no idea which one is the best, ideally it should have a 160gb HD and be compatible with all formats DVD+ R/RW and DVD- R/RW, I was looking at a few here and I don’t know which one to go for. Ideally it should be upgradeable so I could add a larger HD if necessary in the future. Has anyone here got a DVD Recorder with HDD, and how are they to use? I am looking for the benefits of Sky+ without actually getting it. Pause live tv etc. Also some online or bricks & mortar retailers that might stock them too would be quite handy. I like to research things before I buy as when I do I am usually very happy with said purchase!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have a liteon 160 Gig drive. It's decent, I don't know how easy it's to upgrade but as far as I'm concerned 160 is fine. 45 hours at standard quality.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Try http://www.avforums.com Lots of user reports on different makes and models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Thanks for that butts. anyone elese have any opinons on them or makes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

netwhizkid wrote:
    I am looking for the benefits of Sky+ without actually getting it.

Do you have Sky? I got a philips HDD recorder and I have sky and found it useless because it only has a single tuner, you have to record watch you watch. If its normal/NTL tv you have then its fine because you could have a seperate ariel going to the TV and the HDD and record one thing and watch another. Im actually gonna sell my philips 3300H and get SKY+.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

Are the ones with the HDD any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Like netwhizkid, I'm looking for a HDD/DVD recorder. I've been looking at AV forums and the like, but have a question for anyone using one in Ireland.
    I have an NTL Digital box. Is it possible to set up HDD recorder to record programs from it. I haven't been able to get VHS recorder to work. Not sure if the cause is me or the 10 year old video recorder (it already had problems displaying some recent NTL channel changes).

TIA
    -ao-

Advertisement