Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well it has come and no before long.

• 03-01-2006 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

A Mod Chip has come out it is in testing and will be released within 2 weeks. That is a 90% Comfirmed Statement.

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

For The Snes?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ah nuts No for the Xbox 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

http://www.infinitymods.com/home/

it is in testing process for bugs but will be ready for shippin in 2 weeks.

I doubt it. Spong and Infinitymods both say they have recieved news AND a mod chip but it's much too quick. Plus Infinity are a bunch of chancers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Ah nuts No for the Xbox 360.

I heard it was for the PS3 .. in three weeks .. :v: :v:

I saw a picture of the supposed mod chip. HAHAHA! looks like something I made in first year electronics a few years back. Supposidly, it's for the DVD-ROM to trick backups into playing. Which is pretty useless for anything but piracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Hurray for piracy.

I'm surprised anyone's taken in by this, especially from the rugmunchers at Infinitymods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Giblet wrote:
    Plus Infinity are a bunch of chancers.
    As are Spong.
    I saw a picture of the supposed mod chip
    Link?
    it's for the DVD-ROM to trick backups into playing. Which is pretty useless for anything but piracy.
    A 30 wire solder into a €500 machine, only to have to desolder it when a real modchip comes out, and all you can do is play backups of crappy games. I think I'll pass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

From Infinitys site
    Jan. 5th, 2006 - Due to massive emails regarding the xbox 360 chip, we will provide you some more details. Price is retail $70, Wires are 20-30, Install time is approx 25 minutes, able to direct boot backups, dumped isos, or full rips. Name is I.C.E. Chip website is I.C.E. ModChip

Wonder if they are talking poop this time?

This is fake. A publicity stunt from some 2-bit modchip enterprise in Canada, the same guys that released XBOX.360.Boot.Disk.Edited.NTSC.READNFO-LiThIuM - nuked everywhere as fake.

Was just about to post that Ciaran. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The following is largely speculation and 100% off the cuff. If I knew more, I wouldn't be still sitting in work half an hour after closing time on a friday evening, suffering from sleep deprivation to bring you this:

There'll be softmods before there'll be hardmods. It's a matter of turn-around and development. It takes a fair bit longer to make an adjustment to hardware hook-ins etc. than it does to utilise an exploit in a game/demo/flash player.

Modchips for the xbox came out because {afaik}there was a unique intel x86 instruction in the cpu{/afaik} which permitted booting from the modchip, essentially using the same method used in the factory to do quality checks in the final stages of manufacture of the board.. I *think* the d0 had alot to do with increasing the bus priority of the modchip over the onboard ROM. The LPC bus headers allowed the test probe to tap what it needed to run function checks and tests on the hardware. The Xbox was largely PC components bunged onto an embedded board with a bit of customised commodity software. It was a brute-force kludge. The 360 is more complicated by several magnitudes, to say nothing of the additional security features which have reportadly been added - though with the early ripping of the game media showing that it still utilises XDVDFS, I'm marginally sceptical.

I'll still hold out for the Xecuter line, and by then I'll have assilimated the Revolution controller into my hand, so soldering may be problematic.

Please lads, for the sake of jeff, don't fall for garbage headlines written by teens of moderate education purely to incite imminent ejaculatory responses on fora such as Boards smile.gif

I'd put my money on a modchip which fakes/bypasses the challenge-response sequence of the DVD firmware appearing as the first gen of 360 hacks myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

I don't care whether its softmod or a hard mod.

I can't wait to get my grubby little fingers into doing it.

Advertisement