Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ethernet seems to power off

• 03-01-2006 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi I am on BT Broaband only a couple of weeks

My Ethenet conection seems to power off if left unattended leaving me no connection. It comes back fine after rebooting. Sometimes if I close IEexplorer after a session online and reopen it 10 minutes later it wont work until I reboot.

I have checked that the computer is not set to power off the ethernet to reserve power ie the box is blank in the power management through the system devices. (win xp sp2 and up yo date.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the curse of Power Saving, loads of different places to look.

device manager / network card properties
    control panel / power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭aido_2006

try powering off computer, then router for 3 minutes and switch back on, also if you get a flashing dsl when it disconnects then could be the microfilters used in the sockets.... if not flashing then could be a firewall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i had the same problem, tried everything, eventually i had to fit a different network card, it would just stop working every few hours,more when it was busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

actually suffering this problem at the moment...very frustrating. Only seems to happen when i use azereus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

ha ha very same ruggie

were you getting loads of max tcp/ip connections reached in event viewer

i reinstalled xp and problem was still there, the different card fixed it, i think the gigabit cards might be dodgy

ps ruggie, hows that xbox remote i sold ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

mukki wrote:
    ha ha very same ruggie

were you getting loads of max tcp/ip connections reached in event viewer

i reinstalled xp and problem was still there, the different card fixed it, i think the gigabit cards might be dodgy

ps ruggie, hows that xbox remote i sold ya

Still going strong:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jmponeill

Thanks for the advice I uninstalled a third party firewall and reinstated windows firewall and problem has stopped for now. Thanks to all

Advertisement