Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony PSP, any probs?

Options
  • 03-01-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a PSP and am wondering if theres any problems with it. I've noticed that there have been a few for sale here and was wondering if people are trying to offload them
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The main problem to watch out for is dead pixels. People on here will tell you just how much trouble they had when thry tried to purchase a new PSP only to fnid it had about 15 dead pixels, and so did the replacement, and so on.

I've had no problems with mine (the Japanese model), apart from one pixel that just went recently. All in all it's a great little machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Please excuse my ignorance but how do Dead Pixels look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_pixel

No problems with my psp at all - you might want to get a psp with at most version 2.0 firmware (it goes up to 2.5). With ver 2 you can use emulators on your psp or downgrade to 1.5 and use alot of homebrew(free - psp user developed) software.

I would recommend GTA, if you do buy a psp - great game

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I think people are selling them because there aren't enough games to play on it for their tastes.

If you are getting one be aware of the dead pixel issue, and also keep in mind the firmware thing too, if emulating is your bag

Advertisement