Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question

Options
  • 03-01-2006 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Well it seems that I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

I'm looking around for insurance companies that will insure me on my 95 evo, the problem that keeps popping up is that I either fall on:

1) Not being resident for three years
    2) The car is classified as a sports car
    3) I don't have 5 years NCB (Sweden doesn't use that system at all, though I've had insurance for four years without any claims)

So what's the story with this? I'm fine with paying a high premium but not getting insurance at all is balls. I'm 25 and I've had my license for four years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You will get insurance by law, someone will have to insure you. Ask a broker about this.

Or wait 10 mins and get some advise here!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No point asking a broker. They will be no use in this situation. You will need to contact 5 different insurance companies and ask for a quote, if they refuse as for the refusal in writing. When you have 5 refusal letters you can contact the Dept of Trade and Enterprise who will force one of the companies to Quote you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

Bond-007 wrote:
    No point asking a broker. They will be no use in this situation. You will need to contact 5 different insurance companies and ask for a quote, if they refuse as for the refusal in writing. When you have 5 refusal letters you can contact the Dept of Trade and Enterprise who will force one of the companies to Quote you.

I'd still try a range of brokers, though. Getting 5 refusals will lead to cover, but much higher than you might think.

Does no harm to make a few phone calls. Worst they can do is say no.

M.

Advertisement