Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas heating - where's my pump?

• 03-01-2006 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I have a Ferroli boiler heating the rads and water, had it serviced in early December as I just moved in and was unsure of it's history, all was well.

Today it started "clicking" on startup, i.e. the main burner was not coming on.
    I switched it all off and left it for an hour, then re-lighted it.
    The clicking is happening every so often now and I was thinking of checking the pump to see about an airlock.

Went to the hot press (where it's usually located) but can't see it there!
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I have a Ferroli boiler heating the rads and water, had it serviced in early December as I just moved in and was unsure of it's history, all was well.

Today it started "clicking" on startup, i.e. the main burner was not coming on.
    I switched it all off and left it for an hour, then re-lighted it.
    The clicking is happening every so often now and I was thinking of checking the pump to see about an airlock.

Went to the hot press (where it's usually located) but can't see it there!
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    The waterpump is usually located close to the boiler - BUT has nothing to do with the running of the boiler - it just circulates the water.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 The Iba

Hi

I thinkk I have the same problem as you. I have the same boiler, Ferroli Tampra. Last week when I tried to light it the pilot light would not come on. I noticed underneath the boiler that there were some instructions saying that the pressure should be one bar. Mine is not, barely going over zero. Can anyone advise me what to do. How to get the boiler and pilot light back on. Been freezing this weekende with no heat.
    By the way I also have a Gas Fire and that is working ok.

Regards

Iba

Advertisement