Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick & easy BIK question

Options
  • 03-01-2006 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble finding clarity in the whole benefit in kind thing. From what I gather currently, vans are exempt but cars are, quite obviously, not. What about car van's though? I was looking at a standard Golf van; no windows in the back, no seats behind the passenger & driver seat. I saw this on the revenue website and I think the whole thing is coming a little clearer.
    This includes cars within the ordinary meaning of the word, estate cars and crew cabs/jeeps (with side windows and seats to the rear of the drivers and front passenger seats).

So, if a Golf has no side windows or seats to the rear, is it a van and therefore exempt from BIK? I know this is probably a basic thing to most of ye, I just need it clarified. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

IF
    -rear windows blanked out
    -rear seats noexist

AND
    -commercial tax
    -commercial insurance

THEN
    -definately (IMHO)

HOWEVER
    -look into the tax and insurance

appolgies for not having concrete info, but this will act as a bump if nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

As far as I know there is a different rate of VRT on a carvan its not as cheap as a bigger van which has only a charge of 60euros on it I think.

Advertisement