Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A boards coffees

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Samos wrote:
    That (awful-awful) title seemed to be short-lived. In analogy with "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet", "The Arts Cafe by any other name is always a shameless rip-off"!

Ah a poet-swoon!!As a man of the arts how can you not appreciate the genius which was 'finnegans break'?!
    Also does anyone remember when the library was just called the library??oh hang on that was only last week......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

SebtheBum wrote:
    I've been here longer than you Grimey, 'The Wall' refers to the place where
    a) GamesSoc used to play dungeons & dragons... So you're a nerd
    and
    b) Society noticeboards and sh*t are... So your 'active' (hissss, etc)

The area that you refer too only became The Wall when johnny-come-latelys like urself, HappyCrackHead, pretty*monster turned up and ruined it for the rest of us!:p

Now instead of a cool name like the Dept of Lung Cancer, you call it 'The Wall'.

Like that is in ANY WAY original.

*pets Seb*

Shhhh...it's ok honey. It'll always be our Dept of Lung Cancer. They can't take that away from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*whimpers*

I'm just a little on edge right now, ok...:o :v:

I always get like this coming up to Valentines... Or Christmas... Or FA Cup Final Day... Any time of merriment I spose.

Stupid... people...:mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I remember Finnegans Break too! (couldn't remember the name though)

Are you STAFF or something?
    I remember it being called Finnegan's Break too... It was called that when I was doing the maths olympiad deely as a little TY back in 1999... which means the Hilpers name is even older than that. Though we called it Hilpers from when I was in 1st year...

And the Wall is where GameSoc used to live, back before they were kicked out and before they discovered computer games. It's NOT outside the arts block.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

back before they were kicked out

They were kicked out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It's NOT outside the arts block.

It is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

irlrobins wrote:
    I like the way you say STAFF, it's as if you're in awe of them. Nope. I'm a PG.

He's just REALLY old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

irlrobins wrote:
    I like the way you say STAFF, it's as if you're in awe of them. Nope. I'm a PG.

Maybe it was STAFF in the same way that one might say "Ewwww, a SPIDER :eek: " :v:

Grimes wrote:
    It is now.
    n00bs. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

irlrobins wrote:
    They were kicked out?
    Yeah GameSoc had to move. :( Various reasons. From the C&E/B&L people having stands nearby not liking gamesoc being near when they were selling tickets, to it being right beside the door to the student councellor (sp?) (or whatever it's called).

And the Wall is nott outside.

And it's Hilpers. Always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Pythia wrote:
    He's just REALLY old!

Feck off you! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I remember it being called Finnegan's Break too... It was called that when I was doing the maths olympiad deely as a little TY back in 1999... which means the Hilpers name is even older than that. Though we called it Hilpers from when I was in 1st year...

Coincidentally enough, the only time that I can recall it being called 'Finnegan's Break' was when I was doing the Mathematical Olympiad too! When I arrived 18 months later it was entitled the 'Arts Cafe' but everyone called it Hilpers. Still, I've only ever been in there twice. Once bitten, twice shy as they say.
    panda100 wrote:
    Ah a poet-swoon!!As a man of the arts how can you not appreciate the genius which was 'finnegans break'?!
    Also does anyone remember when the library was just called the library??oh hang on that was only last week......

The only place I appreciate puns is in The Sun! I'm just glad so few words rhyme with library...

I've only ever bothered eating in Hilpers a few times... and quite a few of those were from when me and a couple of others went on 'liberating' missions... back in the day when it was REALLY easy to steal stuff from Hilpers.

Advertisement