Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Media Ram to MP3

Options
  • 04-01-2006 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anybody know of one quick easy and free way to convert Real Media (ram) files to MP3.

I've done it by converting to rm and then to wav, but that was slow and labour intensive.

The use I have in mind is converting ram files of BBC web radio downloads to MP3 files to listen to on the move.

help appreciated.
    boombang

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 swelton28

the only way i can think of is by using lame.exe to convert the .wav files to mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Take everything I post with a pinch of salt as I am quite a novice.

the difficulty seems to be converting the .ram file to wav, not from wav to mp3.

I've managed the wav to mp3 step ok, but getting a ram file to convert to wav seemed to be difficult.

If I'm talking rubbish please just ignore.

thanks for the response.

bb

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Real+Media+Ram+to+MP3&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
    I don't know of any OSS or GNU software...

This is better suited to Computers and will get a better response too.

PS: Welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Anybody interested in this tread should do to one of the same name in : Blogs / Podcasts / Wiki, where there's beem more posts.

bb

Advertisement