Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What Phone to Get

• 04-01-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right i Have 200 Euro to Spend on a New/Second hand phone can any recom any phones? Current Choice the Moto V3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

Please dont the V3, they look pretty but.... its a motorola

if your going to spend that much on a phone,
    get a lend of more money and get a 6230i or anything else, it'll save you so much hassle in the future, trust me

a good phone should last at least three years, not six months imo :)

edit: i always put to many smilys in my posts, looks stupid!! have removed two of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I just Sold a 6230 to buy another Phone. I wouldnt buy a i version just because of the 1.3m camera.
    thedara wrote:
    Please dont the V3, they look pretty but.... its a motorola

if your going to spend that much on a phone,
    get a lend of more money and get a 6230i or anything else, it'll save you so much hassle in the future, trust me

a good phone should last at least three years, not six months imo :)

edit: i always put to many smilys in my posts, looks stupid!! have removed two of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

its up to yourself!

theres a Black V3 here for 150

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054869430

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't get the V3. It looks nice but its got crappy, crappy, ancient features. I know you said camera don't bother you, and in fairness as vga cameras go the v3 is fine.

But crappy memory, and when I say crappy, it's REALLY crappy. No expansion slot. No video recording unless you want to flash the phone yourself and risk messing up the firmware. Countless other things.

Just a terrible phone for the price really.

What features are you looking for? There are a few really nice phones for under 150 on voda 3g with features that are light years ahead of the over-rated v3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

SE k700i pretty good for pretty cheap.

• Advertisement

Well i am considering Waiting till a Good ones comes up on Boards as it would have to be meteor or unlocked.....

Well i am considering Waiting till a Good ones comes up on Boards as it would have to be meteor or unlocked.....

If you are on Meteor you can't go wrong with the k700i for a measly 119 euro if bought in Xtra Vision (free DVDs too!)

Bluetooth
    40mb Internal Memory
    Camera slightly better then VGA quality
    LED Light for night time shots
    Video Recording
    Mp3 Playback
    FM Radio

It's a great phone. Although fast becoming the new 3310/3510/3200 due to its price, so if you are like me, you just won't bring yourself to buy it and opt for something a tad more unique :cool:

I am more of a Person who goes for a fancy phone over features... I only use Texting/Calls and the Odd Bluetooth

I am more of a Person who goes for a fancy phone over features... I only use Texting/Calls and the Odd Bluetooth

I suppose then to be fair....the V3 is perfect for you :D

Advertisement