Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your favourite clothes shop?

• 04-01-2006 1:48am

Just curious!im big into River Island shirts, topman jumpers hoodies etc. and i go to jack jones for jeans!Which is most fashionable?

Which is your favourite clothes shop? 121 votes

River Island
    0%
    Topshop/Topman
    18%
    OSiriSbyteOutcastFiresuited4gurl[Jackass]ScraggsdeisedollyNimrod's Son[Deleted User]bluedolphinGarretAporiaMr.75Sorchie~Leanne~Brittanyfcukme2UnknownSaskia 22 votes
    Jack Jones
    15%
    ZhanesnickerpussbuzzerxxcatspringClareBearDerek BspiderlegsX-SLElaine83Kenny_DAttolKnifeWRENCHmias*Princess CK*Léan[Deleted User]**elaine**PlayGirlBoink08 19 votes
    Next
    9%
    ZascarT-b0n3Unknownomb0wyn5ehpij9The Bolloxyoucancallmeal14jake88#15Endurance ManIvaBigWunsajnadoordiaBlindedByGInge 12 votes
    A|wear
    7%
    dragonasmreeDagnir GlaurungBinomatecee_jayBlackpittsdundalk cailinpokerwidowdaiixi 9 votes
    Brown Thomas
    9%
    b3t4BlueSpiralmarshmallowCarolLorraineMadgeAzureusDizzy LassFreckles123sadie06mel(",)Lux23 11 votes
    French Connection
    19%
    D-GenerateDAEDULUSmichaelanthonysimuAurther HughravenheadtechguyRbSexyD4LadyidontknowmynameBlutkizzyrArmen TanzariantrippercotwoldLovelyHurlingRMKHJustCozstovelidMarygold 24 votes
    Best
    2%
    Gazza22hepcataoifeg 3 votes
    Penneys
    0%
    Stark 1 vote
    Roches Stores
    16%
    chumpkittexMatthewthebigBettyboopGeorgeBaileyNightwishInnervisionMacka*marie*scorpyAardNickibaby*MisticlesAisling(",)trishaNoDayBut2DaySiogfinscealJC06tie_mi_shuhighlight100 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Roches Stores
    Asha however its clothing is limited and overpriced

Topshop/Topman
    excuse my ignorance!but ive never heard of asha!where are its shops located?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It's on the Top floor of the Stephens Green Shopping Centre. Not really like Topman and the like.

Answering the original question. I usually get my jeans in Jack and Jones, they're not the nicest, but they are cheap enough. I'm not a huge fan of River Island due to the prices of some of their items but the odd item of clothing isn't too bad.

I like some of those shops you find in the Roches place on Henry Street though.

Topshop/Topman
    wait!is that a gothic style shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I suppose you could call it that yes.

I used to get the odd thing from there a few years ago, horribly overpriced stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Roches Stores
    The new Bershka shop in Jervis st is pretty good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Next
    I used to to go Eastwood in the Jervis Centre, now I shop in Jack Jones. I hate River Island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Zara
    Pull & Bear

So I guess thats roches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

what about arnotts??? thats where i get the bulk of my clothes in ireland,its the best where style meets value (oh god too much listening to the ads:( )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

asha but so expensive :/
    still, love the clothes.

• Advertisement

Topshop/Topman
    BrightEyes wrote:
    what about arnotts??? thats where i get the bulk of my clothes in ireland,its the best where style meets value (oh god too much listening to the ads:( )
    But Arnotts is really loads of smaller shops put together!i could be wrong as i never bought anything there(apart from river island in henry st)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HisInfernalEmo

gotta say The Eager Beaver.Love their range of Baggies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Topshop/Topman
    river island [not just coz i work there and discount i get]
    bershcka
    penneys
    topshop

and occasionally h&m

really dont like awear clothes for some reason

oh and i like vero moda although i only buy there in their sales [like every month or two]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Best
    Nightwish wrote:
    The new Bershka shop in Jervis st is pretty good too

Yes it is! I was in there for the first time today.....and the sale is pretty good on the already inexpensive clothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Roches Stores
    i love Penneys! great clothes for great prices! Bershka is in Blanch too, i went there and all i could seem to find was size 8's ad 10's!!

Topshop/Topman
    what kinda clothes do berschka do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

H&M
    TkMaxx
    top man & Jackjones occasionaly

Bershka do like colourful summer kinda clothes. They are a spanish company and they would be quite similar to pull and bear.

Topshop/Topman
    is berschka then simular to Mexx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

But Arnotts is really loads of smaller shops put together!i could be wrong as i never bought anything there(apart from river island in henry st)?

arnotts is loads of brands in 1 shop,river island isnt really part of arnotts,its a seperate shop with its own brand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Topshop/Topman
    have a look at the website berschka.com it shows their clothes but be warned its kinda confusing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

Topshop/Topman
    River Island for me. Mcousin gets me a discount so thats even better. Next would be second and Sasha third.

exactly ike roches isn't affiliated with any of the places in it. Gstar for example. Gstar is one of my fav shops.

this is the proper site http://www.bershka.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

Roches Stores
    penneys in portlaoise have some great offers, jeans for €5.. etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i have a accumulated 175euro of River Island vouchers, i've been in to both their stores in town a couple of times....i wouldnt use those clothes to dress a wound.

what the **** am i gonna do with 175euros worth of RI vouchers? damn place is full of naff ugly clothes, everything 'pre-worn'. you'd wanna a a tool to dress outta there.

Give them to my bro to give to me! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

Roches Stores
    ferdi wrote:
    i have a accumulated 175euro of River Island vouchers, i've been in to both their stores in town a couple of times....i wouldnt use those clothes to dress a wound.

what the **** am i gonna do with 175euros worth of RI vouchers? damn place is full of naff ugly clothes, everything 'pre-worn'. you'd wanna a a tool to dress outta there.
    sell them...

i find the clothes shrink after one wash from Jack n Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Best
    Scraggs wrote:
    have a look at the website berschka.com it shows their clothes but be warned its kinda confusing...

That's because you spelt it wrong and brought up a domain site!

Check here: Bershka ;)

Topshop/Topman
    Bollix!i got spalding pink top from penneys but i tried it on over another t-shirt and i didnt realise!can oversize clothes ever be acceptable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I buy all my stuff at Atari Jaguar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

French Connection
    Nightwish wrote:
    and crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Topshop/Topman
    River Island - jeans are fab!
    A-Wear
    Vila
    Vero Moda
    Angel - for going out stuff
    Dunnes - for work stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

French Connection
    DAEDULUS wrote:
    and crap

Please stop making negative comments all over the place. They're not helpful to the other users of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aoifeg

Best
    for girls clothes urban outfitters would be my favourite along with topshop. french connection used to be lovely but has gone downhill lately I think. they still do great sales though! as do urban outfitters - i've many a 15 euro skirt from there! i'm not a fan of river island i have to say - i'm not bad about the pre-worn stuff, it's also pretty expensive for what it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

French Connection
    Brown Thomas of course!Its the best!

Jack&Jones do some nice jeans, wouldn't buy a top or anything else there though.
    Gstar do some real nice stuff, as do Tribe and Urban Outfitters.
    Haven't looked in River Island in a long time, last time I checked the clothes were a bit too metro for my liking, so haven't gone back.

Overall though, Brown Thomas ftw. :)
    Simu wrote:
    Please stop making negative comments all over the place. They're not helpful to the other users of the forum.
    Is he not entitled to his opinion, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Jack Jones
    Topshop without a doubt. It is the best shop in the world. Especially becasue of their range of clothes...they do tall AND petite and....oh I just love that shop.
    I also really love penneys..most of their clothes don't really fit me though, still though I admire the fact that their stuff is cheap and stylish.
    Eager Beaver is also deadly...I love those stripy jumpers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Envy, TopMan, River Island.

I'll look all over though and if I see something I like I'll buy it, whatever shop its in. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Brown Thomas
    I love a/wear! I think they have really good quality stuff for good value.

Penneys have really improved but I wouldn't buy much there because loads of people have their clothes.

Bershka have some nice things alright.

Zara have a good collection atm but wouldn't shop there too often.

Also, Tribe on the top floor of Stephen's Green. I have a good few things from there but it's so expensive. Haven't set foot in it for months though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Brown Thomas
    h&m are pretty cool, and i like pull&bear (when theres sales!).
    penneys have eithr loads of cool stuff or nothing at all so sometimes penneys but not at the moment!
    retro, show-co and sesi would prob be my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Oh come on... TkMaxx all the way!!

you gotta put in effort but i bloody love finding something good!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Next
    Jack and jones is the best value shop around I think. I buy loads of really good quality shirts for €30 to €40 good for going out and for work. Xara is also excelent, I found a few gems in Bershka, I don;t think anything else come close...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 miss o

Topshop/Topman
    dar83 wrote:
    I'll look all over though and if I see something I like I'll buy it, whatever shop its in. :)

same here :)
    but i do love river island and h&m kinda liking warehouse now too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Topshop/Topman
    I don't have a favourite shop. I tend to peruse various shops for something nice at a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

French Connection
    Mostly Brown Thomas/BT2, I just think that they have the best quality/style clothes even though it is more expensive then J&J, Topshop etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Jack Jones
    Oh I'm such a Topshop girl, love it!

River Island, Sasha and A-Wear like to empty my bank account quite a bit too though. But Topshop, I love you! :D

Topshop/Topman
    River Island for entertainment and fashion!
    one attendant to another"oh my god!i cant believe you slept with paul last night.i fancied him!you are such a mlut"walks off then and other attendant tries to say sorry.original attendant turns around and says"whatever minger"
    something funny always happens when you shop there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

French Connection
    I like BT, Pagan and Twice as Nice in Galway and Z13 and Prime Time in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

On the list provided I would have to say River Island, they do the best jeans!

But my ultimate fave shop is Bershka! I love it!

They do fab casual stuff, and I recently got 2 pairs of gorgeous boot leg jeans (although they were about 6 inches to long on me)

I haven't seen anything in that shop that I don't love, and it is all so affordable!!!!!

Oh, now I wanna go shopping after work :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Jane Norman :D Iv yet to try something on in there that didnt fit like a glove... They have some gorgeous stuff :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 14jake88

Next
    Nightwish wrote:
    what?

• Advertisement
Advertisement