Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your favourite clothes shop?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Jack Jones
    But my ultimate fave shop is Bershka! I love it!

They do fab casual stuff, and I recently got 2 pairs of gorgeous boot leg jeans (although they were about 6 inches to long on me)

I haven't seen anything in that shop that I don't love, and it is all so affordable!!!!!

Oh, now I wanna go shopping after work :p

Where is Bershka??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

14jake88 wrote:
    what?
    er what?

it's on jervis st clarebear.

Jack Jones
    Thanks Tar :) Must check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Jack Jones
    ClareBear wrote:
    Thanks Tar :) Must check it out.
    Oh you should it's full of really nice cheap clothes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

French Connection
    I voted BT, Has lots of of nice classy clothes but kinda deer. Couldn't help noticing that it was the only option in Itallics.

Topshop/Topman
    I voted BT, Has lots of of nice classy clothes but kinda deer. Couldn't help noticing that it was the only option in Itallics,?:confused: ?
    the option that you choose will appear in italics!i chose river island and it is in italics for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

A|wear
    Chose Next in the poll, just for the brilliant bargains I got in their sale!
    But would be up there among some of my favs - along with Monsoon, New Look and H&M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ClareBear wrote:
    Where is Bershka??
    Hey, there is one in Jervis Street, very new but big and a good selection.
    One in Dundrum (my favourite one, but only because it was the first Bershka had ever been in and I managed to get ALL of my holiday clothes there!!)
    One in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, also excellent, got loads of stuff there in the sales!

Happy Shopping;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

• Advertisement

Jack Jones
    Hey, there is one in Jervis Street, very new but big and a good selection.
    One in Dundrum (my favourite one, but only because it was the first Bershka had ever been in and I managed to get ALL of my holiday clothes there!!)
    One in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, also excellent, got loads of stuff there in the sales!

Happy Shopping;)

Thanks sillysausage! By the way is that Jervis Street or is it in the shopping centre? Or is Jervis Street the shopping centre?

ClareBear wrote:
    Thanks sillysausage! By the way is that Jervis Street or is it in the shopping centre? Or is Jervis Street the shopping centre?
    Sorry, its in the shopping centre, upstairs, where spoils used to be.

Be warned, once you shop there your bank balance will always be in a minus, and your wardrobe will be fit to burst! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Topshop/Topman
    Actually, I'd like to to name New as my favourite place for clothes. I managed to destroy a pair of jeans and a t-shirt playing with indelible ink (as you do) during the week and needed to replace them. So I ended up in New in Liffey Valley and hot-damn, I was able to pick up pairs of jeans for 30 quid complete with belt. Not too shabby at all.

Jack Jones
    Sorry, its in the shopping centre, upstairs, where spoils used to be.

Be warned, once you shop there your bank balance will always be in a minus, and your wardrobe will be fit to burst! ;):D

Fantabulous!! :D I can't picture that shop at all but I'll suss it out at the weekend. Goody :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Bershka, Zara, RiverIsland,Topshop, Vera Moda, Oasis, Warehouse, Morgan, Awear, Jane Norman, Gasoline, Pull & Bear, Mango!
    I shop just about everywhere really! My style is allover the place... I like to mix and match quite a bit and tend to change my style every couple of weeks!! :rolleyes: But I love shopping so I don't mind... heheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

A|wear
    i like Next for jeans (best fitting jeans) i also like New Look (not on poll) and Penneys

• Advertisement

Topshop/Topman
    I was in topman today.was pretty impressed with the clothes.at the moment i nearly prefer it to river island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Jack Jones
    hey, im just wondering if Bershka is good value? Would their clothes be more or less expensive than say Topman or River Island, or more of the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Roches Stores
    I voted Penney's... since it's the only option on the poll that I've heard of! It no longer exists here, though; don't know what happened to it. My favorite place to shop is either Hawaiian Island Creations (HIC) or Town and Country (TNC). I like conservative "surfer-ish" clothes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Urban Outfitters and BT2 for me. Topman can be alright, but not the best quality, river island's clothes are a joke, for guys anyway.
    Can anyone tell me where pull & bear and tribe are in dublin?

Anton17 wrote:
    Urban Outfitters and BT2 for me. Topman can be alright, but not the best quality, river island's clothes are a joke, for guys anyway.
    Can anyone tell me where pull & bear and tribe are in dublin?
    There is a pull and bear in roches stores on Henry Street, in Dundrum Shopping Centre and Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.
    Not sure about the other one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Jack Jones
    Tribe is in Stephens Green Shopping Centre, second floor i think.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Roches Stores
    I voted Penney's... since it's the only option on the poll that I've heard of! It no longer exists here, though; don't know what happened to it. My favorite place to shop is either Hawaiian Island Creations (HIC) or Town and Country (TNC). I like conservative "surfer-ish" clothes...

Are you on about JC Pennys because thats a compleatly different shop to pennys in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Roches Stores
    Are you on about JC Pennys because thats a compleatly different shop to pennys in Ireland

lol yeah i was... sorry... didn't know it was different! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

Brown Thomas
    I like Monsoon and Jigsaw. Zara too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Second-hand shops are treasure-chests for gorgeous little unusuals...and cheap as chips... I got a ankle-long black faux-leather coat in one on Camden street the other day for €20... bargain-tastic.
    Otherwise I pop into penneys and H&M. Retro in George's Street Arcade has some really sweet stuff too, but only affordable in sales for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

raidar and tribe in stephens green

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Update!
    Bershka, Asha, Chaos and Eager Beever are my favourites now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Roches Stores
    out of the ones mentioned, its Penneys. Other than that its the interweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

Topshop/Topman
    It's soo River Island but where's Mango in that poll? I love River Island for their tops and dresses and the odd time I pick up a nice pair of jeans. I love the clothes in Mango too, whenever I go in there I get mah nail done :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

Roches Stores
    penneys.

best underwear section ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

French Connection
    :eek:
    AHHHHHHHH COME ON PEOPLE GET SOME STYLE
    URBAN OUTFITTERS AND RETRO ALL THE WAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

French Connection
    Although it's in Belfast, The Bureau is my favourite shop for guys clothes. Well worth the drive up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

In no particular order, G-star, Raidar, BT2 and a little gem called Sabotage, though the girls shop is way better than the guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

French Connection
    BTs is my fave shop on the days I'm paid!! Normally it's River Island, BT2, Topshop, H&M... all the usual high street stores. I'm liking Berska now as well, they have quite the pretty footwear- impractical but cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

French Connection
    Voted BT in the poll but Miss Selfridge, Morgan, Bershka and New Look are my fav's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Has to be House of Frasier, Genius and Urban Outfitters.

Mens High St. shops are dreadful as well. Stale, cheap and far too trend orientated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marygold

French Connection
    The best style from Karen Millen. I love this shop!

Topshop/Topman
    was in blanchardstown the other day and a shop that i really loved was the jean scene!Was just wondering,clothes there wouldnt be considered skangerish?I did see the ben sherman at the back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Brown Thomas
    Awear.

But I'd happily live in Urban outfitters clothes if it was up there. And they were alot cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

...Was just wondering,clothes there wouldnt be considered skangerish?I did see the ben sherman at the back!

Sweet fukkin Jesus man (If I can even call you that). -_-

You and yours disgust me to the Nth degree. :mad:

SS :: Silver Spooners

Constructive? No. Satisfying? A little, due to the bringing of a smile of understanding to those with a clue.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

French Connection
    I'm hearting Benetton and Topshop atm because I got some cool stuff in thoe today!

Topshop/Topman
    so you actually like ben sherman?They used to be nice before knackers gave them a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

French Connection
    I have to say BTs is my haunt

Awear is an utterly horrific shop.i would rather die than buy anything from thee its complete ****e. I think Dunnes is pretty cool and imo the clothes are really good quality.id ont really shop there too much but id have no problem going there for clothes.

BT2s has gone pretty downhill too i think deffo.

Topshop is great for a quick skirt or top on a night out but i wouldnt buy my seasons clothes there as the quality isnt fantastic.the clothes are pretty damn cute though.

I like River Island and id buy the occasional pair of Jeans off it and the have nice tops and skirts but they were waaay better when they first opened here theyve kinda gone a bit tacky and downhill.

My top shop in Ireland would be BTs but i order a lot over the internet and i go to America and stock up usually.They have the best Ralph Lauren shops iver ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fcukme2

Topshop/Topman
    what kinda clothes do berschka do?
    They are like vero moda, pull and bear, Zara...places like that. You will pick up really colourful summer clothes at this time:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I dont have a fave shop, but pennys, topshop, morgan, zara would be in the top fave list.

Bershka is ok, but not for jeans. they are far too long, i dont know anyone who's bought a pair of their jeans. you'd want to be 7 foot tall or else be walking on a pair of stilts for those jeans to fit properly. and its a spanish company so i dont know why the legs are so long as the spanish certainly arent noted for being tall...

• Advertisement
Advertisement