Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm about to top myself

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

Dude don't do it.

You have to understand that life is precious and you shouldn't waste it.

Everyone is very happy with living when things are going well but as soon as things get hard people don't want to live anymore. Just try your best to pull through it. Its when times are hard that the human being inside you needs to be at its strongest.

This week my cousin killed himself and nobody had the slightest clue he was unhappy. He even went out the night before. This incident made me realise that suicide doesn't just kill you, it kills a part of all those who love you and as much as you think you have it bad imagine how your family and friends would feel if you killed yourself?

I can't actually stop you from doing it but i can ask you, think of yourself and think of your loved ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Madge wrote:
    This is one of the worst replys to a PI I've read on this forum :mad:
    Your advice is to "deal with it". Yep, that's helpful.
    Further more the pointless banter of what constitutes a "psychopath", is unhelpful and off topic.
    Yup, great advice for the OP there Madge :rolleyes:

Exactly what the OP needs to do is learn how to deal with it. As Wicknight pointed out, break ups are just as much a part of life as relationships are. If you're very, very lucky you'll have just one less break up than relationship in the course of your life.

The OP needs to realise this and learn how to cope with the situation in a mature fashion instead of throwing his toys out of the pram and wallowing in self-pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Democrates and tempboards, your posts have been a great help. I really took some of the stuff you said on board so things are easier to deal with (ie I have a better outlook on things)

Irrespective of what any of the cynics that posted here might think of my initial post, it has really helped to tell you people, even though it's not exactly face-to-face.

To be honest, although I really don't appreciate the form that those posts such as sleepy's and his assentors, the point may have had some truth, perhaps I need to just rile myself into some sort of confidence. However, if I can say one thing to you sleepy; don't ever counsel anyone who actually means something to you in that way, because your posts did anything but make anyone feel any better.

I will defend myself in addition to thanking you all. When I initially posted here, I had quite a good bit of drink on board. Now I can usually handle my drink fairly well, but given the circumstances, the amount and the day I had had, things went awry at some point. The end result then was a post which was a very dramatic assessment of my feelings.

That was the lowest I have felt though, and hopefully it was a turning point from which I can now move on.

Thank you all for your advice and help. It made me feel like I had somewhere to turn, which I think was what I needed most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thanks for posting back.

Maybe lay off the drink a bit and have a chat with someone. Not now, not necessarily tomorrow, but soon. Perhaps set up the appointment in the morning, its a first step and isn't too big a hurdle.

Take a look here and share something: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50645210#post50645210

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you all for your advice and help. It made me feel like I had somewhere to turn, which I think was what I needed most.

Thats what PI is here for I think, not for people to be jdgemental and ignorant. Glad to here your not considering it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Id try taking some drugs coke r somefing. Honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

However, if I can say one thing to you sleepy; don't ever counsel anyone who actually means something to you in that way, because your posts did anything but make anyone feel any better.

It wasn't supposed to make you feel better, that was the point. Sometimes justifying or indulging how someone is feeling is the worst thing you can do to for them.

You need to talk to a counciler, and that in the short term isn't going to make you feel better, its probably going to make you feel a lot worse. I know a few people who have gone to a counclier over problems they were having and got very upset over what they discuss and give up and leave because they are used to people telling them what they want to hear and a councilor won't do that. But you still need to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

ricey wrote:
    Don't listen to this. Why go on them when he is starting to cope now?

Best of look mate. You'll get through it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Glad to hear your doing better. I used to be really shy too, as loads of people are, but slowly, through my years of college have become much more confident. You can definetely become more confident and less shy too, if you choose to. It takes time but it can be done.

As for the people who were less understanding here, I can assure you, as someone who has read a considerable amount on psychology, that criticism is not the way to help people who are feeling down. Even if you think people are just looking for sympathy(and I'm not saying this person is), then they are still obviously suffering and the best thing you can do for them is to offer help and understanding; not resentment.

Also, one of the less helpful things you can say to someone feeling down is to "cheer up" or "stop feeling sorry for yourself". Unfortunately, people cannot usually turn unhappy feelings on and off like a tap, and to treat them that way is not always helpful.

Anyway the only reason I post this is not to attack or criticse anyone, but just to ask that certain people consider how they might deal differently with a similar situation in the future.

Very nice post btw democrates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ricey wrote:
    How about I ban you for being unhelpful?

Advertisement