Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf Creek

• 04-01-2006 4:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

Gotta give this film 2 thumbs up. A winner at the Sundance film awards last year, I've been waiting with bated breath. It didn't disappoint. Wonderfully shot and scripted - acting was good enough too. Check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Been meaning to see this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I posted a fairly big review on this ages ago in the film forum. Don't want to repeat myself, but basically I thought the film was over rated crap with no more shock value then most of the films released nowadays. That last sentence particularly pissing me off seeing as they marketed it as "The sickest film ever" in some instances. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I missed this review sorry. Will look at this film tonight. Kernals thumbs up films are uasually to my liking also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Yeah saw this over xmas and thought it was a good film, nothing major though... i kinda like left of centre stuff and horror and like to be pushed a bit, big fan of say twin peaks, carnival, requiem for a dream that kind of head fcuk stuff... i find blood/gore horror more comedic...

Was hoping this would've been better given how it was advertised... instead I had also rented out Devils Rejects and found that to be much better ;-)

-A

Yeah I really wana see that Rob Zombie film for sure.

• Advertisement

I finally watched this one last night and thought it was quite good. Nothing major like but good enough. It kinda reminded me a little of the blair witch when it started out, but went a different way later on. Bit of a slow burner but good enough. I love the based on a true story but seing as the person to tell the tail would have seen none of according to the film. Bases on a ture story covers a lot of ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

It was slow at the start and dragged out abit. It got good then when they met the psycho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

It was slow at the start and dragged out abit. It got good then when they met the psycho.

yeah I loved when they were chatting at the fire and the psycho just gave yer man the eye... cool.

Rutger Hauer in 'The Hitcher' still wins for best psycho performance for me.

RH just is a scyo, if he was in Bambi he would be a syco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Liked the bad guy... The start was reasonably tense and it delievered a few scares. Some pretty grim parts which is a nice change. Overall the slightly loose plot let it down. Although i'm not sure what would be worse... A slightly loose, not very exciting but ultimately slightly more realistic than usual story or an exciting but **** story as is the norm in horror these days. I was quite happy with the film.

• Advertisement
Advertisement