Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Carphone Warehouse Promotion

• 04-01-2006 5:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about a CPW promotion I read about - free handsets with selected 12 month contracts on all 4 networks?

Nothing on their website as yet...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

no, each handset is dependant on a certain network.go instore and get a catalogue. i personally am waiting for the 6280 on 3. its coming out in 3 weeks they say.can't wait!!!

btw, it depends on the tariffs as well. most probably are all on the most expensive tariffs. i know the 6280 will be free on the videotalk 600 on three.

motorola v3 - meteor
    motorola e1000 - 3
    nokia 1600 - Meteor
    Nokia 6230i - Meteor
    Nokia 7260 - Meteor
    Nokia 6280 - 3
    Panasonic VS6 - Meteor
    Nokia 3220 - Meteor
    Nokia 6020 - Meteor
    Nokia 5140i - Meteor
    Nokia 6101 - Meteor
    Samsung ZV10 - Vodafone
    Samsung X460 - Meteor
    Sharp GX25 - Vodafone
    Sony Ericsson K608i - 3

hmmm. looks as if meteor is trying to get rid of its stock. typical of vodafone to have 2 crappy ones there.

to me, the 6280 looks to be the only bargain....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

There was a story in the Irish Independent before the new year saying they were going to give away 100,000 free handsets....not sure what to make of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

jrey1981 wrote:
    There was a story in the Irish Independent before the new year saying they were going to give away 100,000 free handsets....not sure what to make of it...

I was in the cpw in henry street the other day two middle aged ladies

ripping into one of the cust support stateing the offer is very misleading.

Think they thought the handsets were on RTG.

They have posters all over the windows with Free handsets and the small print states only certain handsets on certain networks.

Is the 6230i on meteor available on their cheapest tarrif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sharp wrote:

all the phones are available on all the tariffs. i think the phone is 99 on the lowest tariff. i may be wrong

all the phones are available on all the tariffs. i think the phone is 99 on the lowest tariff. i may be wrong

Thank's for the quick reply but what I ment to say are they FREE on the lowest tarriffs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sharp wrote:
    I was in the cpw in henry street the other day two middle aged ladies

ripping into one of the cust support stateing the offer is very misleading.

Think they thought the handsets were on RTG.

They have posters all over the windows with Free handsets and the small print states only certain handsets on certain networks.

Well there's quite a few phones free on RTG as in you get €100 credit back, so the net price is free if you pay under €100 for the phone.
    Yes I know you can't buy the phone without the credit, but you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

Pythia wrote:
    Well there's quite a few phones free on RTG as in you get €100 credit back, so the net price is free if you pay under €100 for the phone.
    Yes I know you can't buy the phone without the credit, but you know what I mean.

How often have I said or heard that in the last few weeks??

heh, do we salespeople ever give up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

Don't get a phone just because its free - no such thing as a free lunch. There are loads of good offers from all networks at the moment - so decide which phone you want and then see who has the best offer on it.

will have a look next time I am in Henry St. in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sharp wrote:
    Thank's for the quick reply but what I ment to say are they FREE on the lowest tarriffs?

i answered that too
    i think the phone is 99 on the lowest tariff

;)

• Advertisement

Thought CPW do a clearance sale around this time of year,

Moto 525's were €50 last year in their clearance sale.

Anyone know if their haveing one any time soon????

Was hoping they might have some deals on O2 as well...but it seems to be mostly Meteor and a few 3 and Vodafone...

Advertisement