Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH Companies..

• 04-01-2006 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Can I ask people to post the UFH companies that they have dealt with. Also any experiences in dealing with them would be helpful as well...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Hi there, these are the companies I have contacted in relation to getting a quote for UFH. I haven't decided who to go for yet but most of them made came up with quotes fairly fast and were willing to give me time to talk about the UFH and Heatpump setup. All quoted for both a Heatpump and UFH Seperately.

www.energymaster.ie
    Keltic Business Park
    Listowel,
    Co. Kerry,
    Ireland
    Tel: 068 23864
    Email: info@energymaster.ie
    Contact Elaine
    Emailed Plans 12/10/05
    Quote Received in Post 24/10/05

One of best quotes and from what I gather they have been in the business for a while. Sister is using them for her UFH so am awaiting feedback from her and may go with them

www.eurotech-heating.com
    Rossulus Walk,
    Castleblaney,
    County Monaghan,
    Ireland.
    Tel: +353 (0)42 9749479 / +353 (0)42 9795629
    Fax: +353 (0)42 9749483 / +353 (0)42 9749513
    Emailed Plans 12/10/05
    Quote Received in Post (not sure of date but pretty fast) but quote way off others

www.ahac.ie
    Alternative Heating And Cooling Ltd
    Address: Church Cross, Skibbereen, Co. Cork
    Phone: 028-23701
    Fax: 028-23701
    Email: info@ahac.ie

Quote received about a month after talking to them. spent ages on the phone going through the ins and outs of Heatpumps / UFH / etc etc. Good guys to talk to. good quote. possibly second choice

Climate Control
    Address: Weirs, Tuam, Co. Galway
    Phone: 093 28166 / 087 2260035
    Fax: 09328124
    Email: climatecontrol@oceanfree.net
    Rang 18/11/05 – He had lost plans in Computer Crash – Emailed them again quote received shortly after

One of the best Quotes and he even included insulation in the quote. really nice guy to talk to. will be talking to him again. Distance may be a factor for him though.

www.rosstechnical.ie
    Ross Technical Services
    Address: Buttery Lane, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
    Phone: 003535844540
    Fax: 003535845778
    Email: john@rosstechnical.ie
    Emailed 12/10/05
    no quote reveived

www.pet.ie
    Pure Energy Technology Ltd.
    Convent Road,
    Bruff,
    Co. Limerick,
    Ireland
    Tel: +353 (0)61 38 28 82
    Fax: +353 (0)61 38 28 83
    Email: info@pet.ie
    Emailed 12/10/05
    Quote Received via email 21/10/05

Again a fairly good quote. got the feeling they are new to the game though so not sure about them. they are however doing a house not too far away from me so might call to the site and talk to they builders and see what they say about them

www.warmfloor-heating.co.uk
    info@warmfloor-heating.co.uk
    (Based in Tyrone)
    Plans emailed to them 07/10/05
    Quote Received Via Email 26/10/05

www.underfloordirect.co.uk
    Underfloor Direct Ltd.
    Unit 1 Lisburn Enterprise Centre
    Ballinderry Road
    Lisburn
    Co. Antrim
    BT28 2BP
    NORTHERN IRELAND

Phone: 02892 634068
    Fax: 02892 669667
    E-mail: info@underfloordirect.co.uk

Plans emailed to them 21/10/2005

Quote Received in Post 28/10/05

www.solterra.ie

Dunstar Limited,
    1 Kent Street,
    Clonakilty,
    Cork,
    Ireland.
    tel: +353 23 35165
    fax: +353 23 35174
    e: dunstar@eircom.net

Plans Emailed to them 27/10/2005

Received quote via email 09/11/2005 (They quoted for groundsource heat pump not underfloor heating system.) they also rang and arranged to meet with me to talk me through the whole Heatpump setup. very professional and a fairly good quote for the heatpump.

Aquatech Distribution Limited
    Unit H4,
    Marina Commercial Park,
    Centre Park Road,
    Centre Park Road,
    Tel: +353 21 4319984
    Fax: +353 21 4319987
    email: info@aquatech.ie

didn't email them plans but they have an online store where you can buy the kit for UFH

Supply Only

www.heatmerchants.ie
    Supply Rehau heating systems, they do not install

Drop Set of Plans off to them

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Cushtie - what part of the country are you in?

Also has anybody dealt with a crowd called Heatlink in Offaly?

Cheers,

Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Decrrrrr - I am in the Limerick area, hence alot of the more reasonable quotes seemed to be from the more local suppliers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 tcoen

This company in Sligo are very knowledgeable, they do the nibe heat pump range one of the most popular brands in Sweden that is distributed by unipipe in Ireland:
    http://www.eil.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Hi all,
    Has anyone used and recommend any of the UFH people in Cushtie's list above ?? ... I'm about to start sending out me drgs. for quotes ... I'm building in Dublin ...
    Cheers ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Salem, I went with UnderFloorDirect for a supply only system and am very happy with the goods received, I installed it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Morning YOP,
    I admire the idea of a DIY but I know I will not have the time for the job ...
    I'ts a self build house ye see and I'm manageing the project so I just want someone to supply, fit, pressure test, give me a guarantee and get out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

I am using Climate Control and am in Dublin, so I can't see limerick being a problem for him Custhie. My collector bed should be going in today. So far they have been very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Sorry am writing this in Dublin but the house is in Meath, (have to get used to being from the country now) still further than limerick from Galway though!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No problem Salem, from what I have heard Warmfloor are very reputible and also I am dealing with Climate Control for our heatpump and have been very impressed with them so far. They could not beat the Underfloor direct price for the UFH but they gave the loan of some of their tools for installation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

Just in case its any use, I'm currently getting UFH & heat pump installed by Ecotherm in Dundalk (http://www.ecothermsystems.com/).

Its early days as the UFH for downstairs is in but I won't be in a position to get them back for upstairs for another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I used Environmental Installations from Sligo. (www.eil.ie).

Found them very professional & knowledgable. Probably one of the longest in the game in Ireland.

Would highly recommend them.

I did get 2 other quotes when deciding who to use, eil where the highest, but I felt they knew there stuff, and at the price of geothermal, no point in using the lowest quote from someone only doing it for a year or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

I bought a UFH and geothermal system a couple of years ago from Pure Energy Technology in Limerick.

To be fair, the system has worked well in heating the house. It's a bit expensive to run, but the house is extremely comfortable.

However, I had a problem with the system recently (not the fault of PET), but I found that their after sales service is nothing short of disastrous. If you try to ring them to ask about getting someone out to the house, they will insist on your ringing on their premium number - which charges about €1 per minute. The technician will have you running around the house flicking switches, opening panels and doing everything under the sun to keep you on the line for as long as possible.

I was impressed by their professionalism during installation, and I still think their technical abilities are very good - but their after-sales customer service is nothing short of disgraceful. I paid THOUSANDS to these guys for the peace of mind that my heating system would work and that when it failed, they would be there to help me through the cold snaps!!!!

Hand-on-heart, I couldn't recommend them to anyone again in the future. There are people out there who are equally good at doing the installation, and will also appreciate the customer's business by giving them a fair crack of the whip for a few years after installation.

Advertisement