Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade letter from ntl

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Start of February from a friend who works in NTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

skywalker wrote:
    Why? Could you even shift 75GB in a month with a 2mb connection without leaving it on 24/7?

by my calculations(I don't know if they are right) you could shift about 650 gigs per month with about 245KB/s.

You could do 75 in about 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭RedRooster

CyberGhost wrote:
    by my calculations(I don't know if they are right) you could shift about 650 gigs per month with about 245KB/s.

You could do 75 in about 3 days.
    I detect a serious bout of athletes hand next month:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

In fairness, 70 GB is probably enough. I have done more than that before, but you do have to make a bit of an effort to find that much to DL in one month.

NTL's newserver is pathetic aswell, hasn't even been nearly as useful as I thought it would be. doesnt carry a.b.tv or a.b.multimedia so it's a bit useless, other than comp and cd.image. If they upgraded their newserver instead of anything else I'd probably be happier. Still find myself using easynews an awful lot to fill the gaps in NTL's lineup.

This was a very big issue for me about 4 years ago and after two years of baddgering them emails escalations etc nothing ever changed, I don'tbother with usenet anymore

Advertisement