Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water contaminated by Slurry from Farm - what next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm surprised you weren't onto the media, at least about the lack of reaction by the politicians and authorities about this. Usually a few words on the Radio makes a big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I'm surprised you weren't onto the media, at least about the lack of reaction by the politicians and authorities about this. Usually a few words on the Radio makes a big difference.

Well I had sent a mail and outlined in it if there was no action taken then my next step was to contac the media.....amazingly things then started to happen

Update:
    Council departments: Environment, Water Services and Health have all now taken samples and each have launched investigatons with results due this week (well Im hoping they are).

We are currently connected to the local water scheme (although its temporary) and we wait on what comes next from the investigation.

After that, Im not too sure then

• Registered Users Posts: 46,083 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction.

How is the water supply in relation to pressure etc.

Hi Muffler

Pressure is perfect!! Once the tank filled, everything was perfect. So at least the pressure of not having proper water has been sorted (for now) as you don't realise how much you use water until you don't have access to it.
    Just waiting for the reports from investigations to come back from the co co (they said this week - but you never know!!!)

Will keep updated

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What are you doing for drinking water? Is the council water adequate?

Consider getting a filter fitted int he kitchen.
    Sponge Bob wrote:
    If I took formal action every time a neighbours cow broke out and trashed my garden then I would not be on neighbourly terms with my neighbours !
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Im still using bottled water for drinking water and the baby's bottles. Although for Tea and Coffee we are using the water from the council (sure as its fine boiled) We are waiting on the test results from the council to check if its okay to drink, but that said - we will continue to boil bottled water for the baby's bottle and feed just to make sure. At least showers are an option now!!

Advertisement