Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart broadband!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

Sponge Bob wrote:
    We said unto you:

1. Get a new number for the one line you have

2. Forward the old number 'from the exchange' to the new number , tell biddy you are moving across Cork (eg from north to south) but do not have the permanent new number yet coz you have not yet bought .

you now have 2 numbers and pay 24 rental (as now for line ) + 8 rental (for forward existing number) + calls from old to new at local rate

3. Move line with new number to smart, you lose the new number but get another new number again from smart but you can instantly change the forward in the exchange so it forward to new new number not the old new number by ringing 1901 .

now you pay smart 35 a month all in and eircom still get 8 + local calls forwarded .

4. Port old number to blueface , no more 8 per month to eircom or call forwarding at local rate charges

Simple. Ring 1901 and have a chat, when the machine answers say " Agent"

is this solution dependant on switching to blueface? cause i wont be doing that! my parents dont want to switch to voip. so if i leave out that part will i have to pay the 8 euro a month plus calls forwarded?

if so i think the best option is to get a new line and then switch that to smart. once ive dont that ill get broadband from smart and then switch the phone line over to blueface if thats possible. or would i have to keep smart phone aswell?

this way i could just use blueface for the calls instead of the eircom line cause my bro lives in london so that would save us alot in the long run thus reducing the new line cost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

blocparty wrote:
    is this solution dependant on switching to blueface? cause i wont be doing that! my parents dont want to switch to voip. so if i leave out that part will i have to pay the 8 euro a month plus calls forwarded?
    yes. The solution is to park your old number in the exchange so you do not lose it, if you pay eircom the 8 (thereabouts) and the calls you may keep it there.
    if so i think the best option is to get a new line and then switch that to smart. once ive dont that ill get broadband from smart and then switch the phone line over to blueface if thats possible. or would i have to keep smart phone aswell?
    Once your number you wwant to keep is in the exchange and the number you do not want to keep is on the line at home. Then you can switch to Smart and not lose what you do wish to keep.

You then end up paying monthly €35 (Smart BB and Smart Rental) + €8 (old forwarded number) + calls forwarded at local rates from Old eircom number in Cork to new Smart number in Cork . Every month .

at the moment full price eircom 2Mb BB alone is €39.99 a month on top of €24 line rental ....not that you can get BB from Eircom :D
    this way i could just use blueface for the calls instead of the eircom line cause my bro lives in london so that would save us alot in the long run thus reducing the new line cost.
    you will also have a new smart number and outbound line and for all I know Smart may do a great deal to landlines in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

Sponge Bob wrote:
    You then end up paying monthly €35 (Smart BB and Smart Rental) + €8 (old forwarded number) + calls forwarded at local rates from Old eircom number in Cork to new Smart number in Cork . Every month .
    If you can port it to Blueface there's nothing to stop you porting it to Smart and getting rid of Eircom.
    blocparty wrote:
    my bro lives in london...
    Does he have broadband? If he does then he could get Blueface or Smart076 - he can call home for the cost of a local call and he'll have an Irish number so you can call him for the cost of a local call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

steve-o wrote:
    If you can port it to Blueface there's nothing to stop you porting it to Smart and getting rid of Eircom.

Does he have broadband? If he does then he could get Blueface or Smart076 - he can call home for the cost of a local call and he'll have an Irish number so you can call him for the cost of a local call.

the brother could get an Irish Smart 076 or Irish Blueface 076 number in that case so the calls would from one to t'other be free , just a thought . 076 are VoIP numbers .

there is always skype as well.

Advertisement