Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joy in Da Hood

• 04-01-2006 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Anyone seen the promos for the new Des Bishop programme starting on RTE2 next Monday ? It's called Joy in Da Hood. First episode is about Ballymun and it looks great. I believe some of the lads from the Ballymun programme are doing ok on the comedy circuit at the moment. My brother saw one of them supporting Des in Vicar St and was mightily impressed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Been waiting for this for months now, it should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Kingmaker

I still can't believe people find that gimp funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ronaldo

Kingmaker wrote:

I suppose it's all down to taste Kingmaker. I find him to be a hugely entertaining comedian who has a lot to say and has a great way of saying it. I thought his minimum wage programme was very good and I'm hearing that this new one will be even better.

Who would be more to your taste in stand-up comedy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

kingmaker wrote:
    Ronaldo wrote:
    I suppose it's all down to taste Kingmaker...Who would be more to your taste in stand-up comedy ?

politeness and reason? on the internet? I'm terribly confused!

politeness and reason? on the internet? I'm terribly confused!

LOL !! It's 2006, the Year of Peace.....or something......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yes i saw one of the limerick acts here in UCH, he was ok! Over shadowed by Des though.. when u put a guy against a real comedian ... your gonna look either really good or neh!!!
    I cant wait for it either!

According to the Star TV supplement at the weekend there are 8 of the show's participants still doing comedy at the moment so if anything, that's one positive to come from it even before the show is screened. I suppose anyone new to the comedy scene is going to be overshadowed by someone as talented as Des. It's great that he's giving the guys some exposure at some of his gigs on the tour. They can only benefit from working with someone of his stature at close quarters.

Advertisement