Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Novice / Intermediate Status

• 04-01-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the official rules are governing a runner being deemed a Novice or an Intermediate? Also once the status has been lost, can it be regained after a set number of years, or is it gone for ever.

Thanks,
    Domer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Hey Domer,
    Funnily enough I was out with Noel Cullen the other day and he said he's now edligible for the Novice again. He was long course champ in 1992? It is a ten year block from your last gold medal.

Basically to be edligible, You must be over 19! You are ineldigible if you have a gold medal at Indiviual\team or County level.
    So using my pal Mick Clohessy as example, He won the Dublin Novice '05, so he is currently not edigible for Dublin Novice again until 2015. He was then second in the Leinster Novice, which does not remove his status, but he was 1st Scorer on the Dublin team in that Race, so he is no longer edigible again until 2015. He is still edigible for all intermediate races and The national novice.

However im not sure on how for example this works?

If I was on a Club team that won the Dublin Championship, would that disqualify me from the Dublin inter and Nov or all Inter and novice 10 years.

Hope that helps.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Thanks for that Dave...much appreciated!!!

Advertisement