Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminated IBB today.

• 04-01-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Got my January invoice today showing a downgrade in server from 2MB 24:1 to 1MB 48:1.

Called, cancelled contract. Also cancelled direct debit.

With respect to the guys in there that can and do help, such as Edmond and Darren , I do feel that my account has been mis-managed with service and charges changing without consent. (I do believe a customer has to be informed of price changes in writing)

Now, I'm looking forward to getting better broadband from another provider!

Cheerio
    Howard

Edited to remove surnames of individuals mentioned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

hshortt wrote:
    Got my January invoice today showing a downgrade in server from 2MB 24:1 to 1MB 48:1.

assuming they didnt notify you of this downgrade, doesnt that constitute a gross breach of contract? Surely no contract would allow for that kind of change in service level without prior notification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Speaking of gross breaches, can a mod please remove those names from the thread. Its unfair to the individuals mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

syklops, I've edited the post to remove the surnames, you should have read the message though, as those people are mentioned in praise.

kdouglas, I had a call from accounts in IBB in December when they told me that I was underpaying for their service. I told them to explain it all in writing and expressly told them not to alter my details without my consent.

Clearly, they didn't listen, or try to understand my point. Voted with my feet and cut them off. Shame I didn't do it yesterday before they billed me in advance for this month.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

hshortt wrote:
    syklops, I've edited the post to remove the surnames, you should have read the message though, as those people are mentioned in praise.

kdouglas, I had a call from accounts in IBB in December when they told me that I was underpaying for their service. I told them to explain it all in writing and expressly told them not to alter my details without my consent.

Clearly, they didn't listen, or try to understand my point. Voted with my feet and cut them off. Shame I didn't do it yesterday before they billed me in advance for this month.

Cheerio
    Howard
    Make sure you get a refund for the whole month as when you subscribe you pay one month in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I assume they didnt give permission for their names to be published. Also anyone who reads this will now want to talk to them when they ring up. Which isnt fair either.

• Advertisement

Credit where it's due syklops, not meant to offend anybody. My apologies, as I see your point.

Steffano2002, they charged me yesterday so I expect the rest of this month to be active on the service as bad as it is.

Cheers
    Howard

hshortt wrote:
    Steffano2002, they charged me yesterday so I expect the rest of this month to be active on the service as bad as it is.

Cheers
    Howard
    Well if they keep your connection going until the 31st January then they won't owe you money. But if they do cut you off (and in my opinion they will), then they'll owe you money... Time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Howard, are you in Bray? I disconnected a while ago as well, but because the service is crap. I had a fairly funny conversation with the CS rep about that whole thing. They seem to live in the clouds.

Hi Blaster99,

YUP! In Bray, totally frustrated with them and relieved to be moving off. I told the person I was speaking to, that if they wanted to talk to me they could call me and I'd explain in detail why I was terminating the contract. Needless to say, they didn't do that either.

Steffano2002, time is all I have, so if they cut me off I'll request a refund before I grant access to my premises for their equipment.

Time will tell.
    Cheerio
    Howard

hshortt wrote:
    Steffano2002, time is all I have, so if they cut me off I'll request a refund before I grant access to my premises for their equipment.
    Good man yourself! I'm sure those radios are worth more than a month's subscription! Then again... Are they? hehehehe :p

• Advertisement

Good man yourself! I'm sure those radios are worth more than a month's subscription! Then again... Are they? hehehehe

haha, I don't know. Mine's 14 months old! But hey, now that I'm home guess what.... good solid connection tonight. They must really like to keep customers happy...

Cheers
    Howard

Pfff... Too little too late IMO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

hshortt wrote:
    haha, I don't know. Mine's 14 months old! But hey, now that I'm home guess what.... good solid connection tonight. They must really like to keep customers happy...

Cheers
    Howard

The shower of fools have a habit of improving / resolving issues after the customer has told them to f-off....

Just goes to show what a joke company they are.:) :):):):)

I got away from them back in Oct and its the best thing I ever did.

Advertisement