Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jennidee is coming to Ireland

• 04-01-2006 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Jennidee is coming to Ireland!! One of the worlds most technically sound lady grapplers, Jennidee has not left any stone unturned throughout her UK career. Easily one of the most credible,gifted and agile athletes on the UK wrestling circuit, this girl will attract pro, amateur and UK fans alike. Looks like 2006 is gonna kick off well for wrestling fans in Ireland. Happy New Year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

This sticky topic restriction is having a mockery made out of it and with good reason.

The forum actually gets some life into it for a change and has some heated discussions and the mods answer to it is to further minoritise Irish wrestling on an Irish wrestling board. I guess we'll all just stick to browsing topics about HHH's moustache and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Actually that topic wasn't about Triple H's moustache, the topic in question was about the New Age Outlaw's "shoot" video. The moustache was mentioned briefly within the topic.

No offense but you can't exactly complain about a "restriciton" if you're going to nitpick things out of threads and pretend that's all people talk about.

Also, I have no problem with the new Irish wrestling threads. I am however getting a little bit tired of these " so and so" is coming to Ireland threads. It might have been okay for Dan Severn but I'm sure we don't need to know about every Tom, Dick & Harry coming over here.

Actually, I haven't read that thread, I only tend to read ones related to Irish wrestling which you will find is what I mostly post in. I threw out the moustache thing as some generic topic that wrestling forums talk about during lulls and it seems like it was on the money.

And the reason we have so many of these "So and so" posts is because people are taking the piss out of the sticky topic situation, not because they are genuinely excited at the prospect of these wrestlers coming to Ireland.

Read the thread, I said that is mentioned briefly, there's a difference between that and having a discussion on something.

And yes I gathered that you guys were taking the piss, fair enough you're trying to make a joke, the problem is it isn't particularly funny, and nobody cares.

Sorry if it isn't to your comedy hall of fame standards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

I am however getting a little bit tired of these " so and so" is coming to Ireland threads. It might have been okay for Dan Severn but I'm sure we don't need to know about every Tom, Dick & Harry coming over here.

So we can only start topics about wrestlers you care about?
    Jennidee & Kid Richie aren't any Tom, Dick or Harry. You're ignorance shouldn't put topic restrictions on the rest of us educated fans. We're not all just WWE marks.
    I threw out the moustache thing as some generic topic that wrestling forums talk about during lulls and it seems like it was on the money.

Well said. I didn't even know she said anything about it either - it's usually just a crap thing people talk about when the forums are dead, and it looks find we found a culprit. hahahaha

What? I'm ignorant. It was already said that you guys don't care about those wrestlers either, you were using them to take the piss, so let's not make ourselves look stupid by pretending we care about them now eh?

And the forum isn't dead. There's still a good crowd of intelligent people here. But it seems just because there's not a war going on, the forums must be dead. It seems maybe you can't handle it when people get along and there's no trouble. Maybe you guys are only happy when you're pissing people off.

You're one to talk about crap things people talk about, when you've been responsible for one of the saddest attempts of humour I've ever seen. "ha ha ha" indeed.

What? I'm ignorant. It was already said that you guys don't care about those wrestlers either, you were using them to take the piss, so let's not make ourselves look stupid by pretending we care about them now eh?

"It" was already said by who? By me?? Don't think so. Does somebody else speak on my behalf now??? And yes, you are ignorant, because you slag them off when you don’t even know who they are - that’s actually the definition of 'ignorant'.
    And the forum isn't dead. There's still a good crowd of intelligent people here.

I didn't say it was dead. Where did I say that? Point it out please. I said that people usually talk about Triple H's moustache when they've nothing else to talk about - and Cannibal actually said it first.
    Cannibal said it as a joke first (unaware that anyone here was that sad), slagging off the losers who talk about a stupid moustache - then it was funny when it turned out you actually did bring it up! lol

So that's twice you've implied I said things I didn't say. Good job. Now go watch Cena spin his belt and make gay jokes, and Lita run the ropes like a retard and throw pathetic weak punches, while I watch a classic high-flying Kid Richie vs. PAC match from an IWF DVD, and watch Jennidee kick some a*s on a GPW show against Sweet Saraya. I follow the UK scene closely, and I'm big fans of Jennidee & Kid Richie, so its a big deal for me that they're coming over to Ireland.

And the reason we have so many of these "So and so" posts is because people are taking the piss out of the sticky topic situation, not because they are genuinely excited at the prospect of these wrestlers coming to Ireland.

Since you were one of the ones making those posts, I would say that he's speaking for you right there.

And where exactly did I slag them off? I stated that we don't neccasarily need to be making posts every time a wrestler comes over here. Not once did I dispute their talent. Not reading posts right before you comment? Ignorance.

As for me being a WWE mark? I'll thank you not to make assumptions on what I do or do not watch. Because people that make such assumptions and think they're being funny usually end up looking like a " retard" themselves.

As for me being a WWE mark? I'll thank you not to make assumptions on what I do or do not watch. Because people that make such assumptions and think they're being funny usually end up looking like a " retard" themselves.

So educate me....??? What else do you watch?
    With a name like "Lita Forever", I think I can safely tar you with the same brush as people called "JEffHaRdY4life" and "CenaRULZ!!lol"

• Advertisement

CJ Marren wrote:
    Classy post.:(
    If you don't have anything interesting to say, then stop being such a PC prude and get lost - "iww_trainee" (see - i dont just visit these forums). http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/index.php?showuser=416

So educate me....??? What else do you watch?
    With a name like "Lita Forever", I think I can safely tar you with the same brush as people called "JEffHaRdY4life" and "CenaRULZ!!lol"

LOL. You are truly a small minded person aren't you? Just because I have a WWE wrestler in my name that MUST be all I watch.

For your information, I have an extensive tape library containing stuff from, WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA, AWA, TNA, RoH, PWG, GAEA, NJPW among others. I have favorites from all those promotions.

See that's what happens when you make assumptions. You end up looking stupid.

And btw, don't tell another member to get lost. It just makes you look like an ass, as well as being ignorant and single minded.

LOL. You are truly a small minded person aren't you? Just because I have a WWE wrestler in my name that MUST be all I watch.

For your information, I have an extensive tape library containing stuff from, WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA, AWA, TNA, RoH, PWG, GAEA, NJPW among others. I have favorites from all those promotions.

See that's what happens when you make assumptions. You end up looking stupid.

And btw, don't tell another member to get lost. It just makes you look like an ass, as well as being ignorant and single minded.
    You like AWA? I don't believe you. Here's what we'll do - prove it and I'll eat my hat and leave this forum!
    Take a digital photo of your tape collection, while holding up a sign saying "Boards.ie" in the shot (then I know it's your collection). If you do that, then I'm a d*ck and you were right all along.

And refusal (or any excuses) why you can't do that simple, simple basic request (which will take 5 mins max), will only back up my assumption that you're lying.

Mods - please don't close this topic - it's just a bit of fun, and the most lively this forum has been in over amonth!

Sooo, whadd'ya say? Prove me wrong and I'll leave these forums forever, but make a pathetic excuse why you can't do it and you'll be left with egg on your face and lose any credibility you had.

1. I don't have a digital camera. Even if I did have..

2.Why in God's name should I have to do ANYTHING to prove it to you? I stated what I liked. So what if you think I'm lying? How does that affect me negatively? I couldn't care less, but if you get that much out of thinking I'm lying, then you're a sad sad little man.

This isn't actually a bit of fun. It's you looking like a fool. It's getting quite pathethic.

Oh, I guess any credibilty I had is gone eh everyone? Better go wipe the egg off my face!

Get a life.

1. I don't have a digital camera. Even if I did have..

2.Why in God's name should I have to do ANYTHING to prove it to you? I stated what I liked. So what if you think I'm lying? How does that affect me negatively? I couldn't care less, but if you get that much out of thinking I'm lying, then you're a sad sad little man.

This isn't actually a bit of fun. It's you looking like a fool. It's getting quite pathethic.

Oh, I guess any credibilty I had is gone eh everyone? Better go wipe the egg off my face!

Get a life.
    Yaaaaawn. Of course - and nobody you know has a digital camera either (not even on your phone?). I guess you just got caught lying about your wrestling library to pretend you're cool & 'educated'. Pathetic. I feel sorry for you now after embarrassing yourself in front of everyone - especially after being so mouthy and cocky earlier....

I RULE!!!! HAHAHAHA!

Right- now that's out of the way, back on topic:

Anyone here a fan of Jennidee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Good for you Lita, you've nothing to gain from this argument anyway.

Though if it came to credibility, I'd say you gained a fair few points and Lump lost a ton.

Despatch wrote:
    Good for you Lita, you've nothing to gain from this argument anyway.

Though if it came to credibility, I'd say you gained a fair few points and Lump lost a ton.
    Yeah - because I'm the one who couldn't put my 'money where my mouth was' :rolleyes:

Yes, you rule. " ha ha ha"

I trust everyone sees who the real fool is here. And my God I thought you were stupid before, that's nothing compared to how thick you look now.

If it's of any satisfaciton to you , then you're more then welcome to believe I was lying. It obviously means a lot to you. You seem really happy to think someone you don't even know is lying about what they watch on a public forum. God what must your life be like?

Yeah - because I'm the one who couldn't put my 'money where my mouth was' :rolleyes:

No, because you've been acting like a complete idiot.

Who do you think you're impressing by the way?

Yes, you rule. " ha ha ha"

I trust everyone sees who the real fool is here. And my God I thought you were stupid before, that's nothing compared to how thick you look now.

If it's of any satisfaciton to you , then you're more then welcome to believe I was lying. It obviously means a lot to you. You seem really happy to think someone you don't even know is lying about what they watch on a public forum. God what must your life be like?
    Please run along - you backed out of a fair challenge to REALLY prove me wrong (which isn't the same as what you think you're doing now). Actions speak louder than words, so either act or stop mouthing off like a keyboard warrior.

Out of interest, what's your favourite AWA tape from your extensive library?

• Advertisement

Despatch wrote:
    No, because you've been acting like a complete idiot.

Who do you think you're impressing by the way?
    I'm not trying to impress anyone. I proved a point (that Lita was lying about being anything but a WWE mark) and I proved it in record time (I really thought she had more spunk than that, but it turned out to be just hot air). Other than that, lets get back on topic. What's done is done. She mouthed off - and she couldn't back it up.

I shouldn't be answering this. I'm tempted to leave him too it as well. But he clearly won't stop making himself look like a moron so I'll help him.

I like, AWA Super Clash III. 13/12/88. You know, the one with Jerry Lawler v Kerry Von Erich unifying the AWA and World Class titles. The Rock N Roll Express V Fuller & Golden, Embry V Jarrett, and Wendi Richter and Madusa wrestled too.
    I'd have to check my tape to see who they teamed with, I'm only working off memory. You're not worth any more effort.

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I proved a point (that Lita was lying about being anything but a WWE mark) and I proved it in record time (I really thought she had more spunk than that, but it turned out to be just hot air). Other than that, lets get back on topic. What's done is done. She mouthed off - and she couldn't back it up.

You must have been trying to impress somebody since you believe that there is credibility here to be lost and won.

You didn't prove anything other than the fact that you really are the sad little man the others have been saying that you were.

Why on earth would anyone feel the need to prove themselves to you anyway after the way you have been acting here?

You were saying? Now you look a little thicker. Satisfied yet?

You were saying? Now you look a little thicker. Satisfied yet?
    Satisfied about what? That you googled an AWA event? Since you obviously are keen to prove you're more than a WWE mark (and we've just established that you're not above responding to my taunts), then hows about that photo? Or is that above you (conveniently)?
    Legend.

Well, there you go Lumpy.

You think using Google makes someone a legend? Get a life, mate. She did nothing that I didn't do to this schmuck last month: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50488779#post50488779
    I just googled that stuff, and he thought I was a legit bodybuilder. This situation is no different, except I'm not stupid enough to fall for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What the f*ck?

Do mods actually monitor this forum or what?

Someone lock these pointless threads and ban the people responsible.

This sh*t is getting ridiculous.

What the f*ck?

Stop clicking into this topic then - problem solved. It's not rocket science (but I guess it is to you, since you posted the same complaint twice about it)- if it pis*es you off, stop looking at it.

I said I didn't have a camera you absolute fool. Even if I did why bother?

You pretended you were someone else? Lmao, just when I think you can't get any thicker.

Anyways, Mr. Nice Guy is right. Sorry to the mods. I'm done here. Thanks for the laugh though LB.

Again, I do apologise to the mods for any trouble caused. I did stoop to his level a bit and I shouldn't have.

What the f*ck?

You post enough on this forum to know by now that the mods are never here.

• Advertisement

You pretended you were someone else?

Yes, just like you pretrending to like stuff other than WWE. Except I pulled it off and got respect in that sucker 'Dragan's next post, wheras you couldn't prove anything except that you can type into Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

So..............

I hear British wrestler Jade is coming over with Jenidee, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stop clicking into this topic then - problem solved. It's not rocket science (but I guess it is to you, since you posted the same complaint twice about it)- if it pis*es you off, stop looking at it.

I posted what twice?

It pisses more than just me off and I can't help but look at it since you posted this kind of thread twice and it's evident on the front page.

You're nothing but a troll.

I posted what twice?

It pisses more than just me off and I can't help but look at it since you posted this kind of thread twice and it's evident on the front page.

You're nothing but a troll.
    Dude - you're still complaining, yet you continue to click into the very thread that annoys you. Why do this to yourself? If you don't like the content of the topic - stay away, genius! Is that concept so hard to grasp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

In fairness Lump Basher, there is conclusvie proof that you are a jack ass, and not for posting silly topics, but for being a hypocrite and a liar.

You said a few months back that you do not attend CPW shows because they have nothing to offer you. And yet in this very topic you posted that you enjoy the work of Kid Richie, who happened to be at several CPW cards.

You also tried to cover up your Kid Richie topic as being a legit interest, eventhough Richie is NOT booked for the next CPW show. You plucked that out of your arse.

In fairness Lump Basher, there is conclusvie proof that you are a jack ass, and not for posting silly topics, but for being a hypocrite and a liar.

You said a few months back that you do not attend CPW shows because they have nothing to offer you. And yet in this very topic you posted that you enjoy the work of Kid Richie, who happened to be at several CPW cards.

You also tried to cover up your Kid Richie topic as being a legit interest, eventhough Richie is NOT booked for the next CPW show. You plucked that out of your arse.
    Where did I say he would be on the NEXT CPW card?? Or are YOU plucking THAT out of your arse? I said he's "coming to Ireland" - I didn't say where or when, genius. I never mentioned CPW - so how am I a hypocrite?? Well?

• Advertisement

so how am I a hypocrite?? Well?

Don't get too worked up about the hypocrite remark, the main point of his post is that you are a jack-ass.

Welcome back by the way, I thought you had given up trying to get the last word in after your humiliation here last night but it's good to see you didn't since it's so much fun to laugh at you making a fool of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I never understood women in wrestling. They can't wrestle. Every woman wrestler is good looking. Where are all the ugly women wrestlers? Nowhere.. because if they were actually hired for their talent, you'd see them. But they are not.. Proving my point that women wrestling is a sham.

dlofnep wrote:
    I never understood women in wrestling. They can't wrestle. Every woman wrestler is good looking. Where are all the ugly women wrestlers? Nowhere.. because if they were actually hired for their talent, you'd see them. But they are not.. Proving my point that women wrestling is a sham.
    What an ignorant spa - you've obviously never heard of All Japan Womens. They would put 95% of WWE wrestlers to SHAME.

What an ignorant spa

I'll save that one. That's abuse. Usually resulting in a forum banning.
    - you've obviously never heard of All Japan Womens. They would put 95% of WWE wrestlers to SHAME.

Didn't they go out of business last year? Oh, that's a shame. Must be because nobody wants to see women wrestling.

dlofnep wrote:
    I'll save that one. That's abuse. Usually resulting in a forum banning.

Didn't they go out of business last year? Oh, that's a shame. Must be because nobody wants to see women wrestling.
    No, that was GAEA - even further proof you're clueless.

(Info on AJW here: http://www.cherrybabe.com/michiku/guide2.html)

• Advertisement

No, that was GAEA - even further proof you're clueless.

(Info on AJW here: http://www.cherrybabe.com/michiku/guide2.html)

Clueless am I? I seem to know more than you considering the company ended in April of last year.
    Finally in 2005, AJWPW closed its door after 37 years of the great history. The last card was promoted by a third party while the Chairman Takashi Matsunaga was in hospital due to diabetes, and soon after, President Kunimatsu Matsunaga committed suicide.

Shapwned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Mods - please don't close this topic - it's just a bit of fun, and the most lively this forum has been in over amonth!

I'm not really into peoples topics being closed but in my opinion this forum is very much alive. Topics like this in my opinion dont make the forum any more lively. Asking people to take digital pictures of their wrestling video/dvd library does n't really add anything to a wrestling forum. It makes it look kinda silly I think.

I agree that this topic has become a needless slagging match but my original point still stands. The sticky topics limit the exposure of Irish wrestling on this board. If anyone is like me on forums, I very rarely read sticky topics as after they go past one page of posting I tend to just forget they are there and read the general posts. It is ridiculous that there are restrictions on posting about Irish wrestling on an Irish wrestling board. Of course when the subject is so close to home there is going to be some heated debate but restriction is not the answer. It's kind of like the Hitler philosophy, round up Irish wrestling and put them in camps and then when they're not expecting it, hit them with the gas!

There is nowhere else to really talk about Irish wrestling, CPW forum gets about 1 post every 2 weeks, on the IwW forum you're not really welcome unless you are IwW biased, NWA don't have a forum and every other forum seems to die a quick death.

I agree that the stickies are a bad idea. Everyone should be allowed to post their news and the most popular threads will find their way to the top as in any other forum. So long as certain promotions don't keep "bumping" their posts or using 5 different posts to report some news that could easily be covered in one or two posts, I really don't see what the problem is.

The real problem here is that Bombidol has been doing a terrible job as moderator. I PM'd Amz yesterday and explained my reasons for believing this. If any of you agree, I suggest you consider doing the same if you want to see this board improve. Amz has been helpful in the past and will listen to your comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement