Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a blind company

Options
  • 04-01-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

Currently looking to get blinds (wooden venetian, 2") fitted in the whole house (7 windows). Had a guy out from Clerys last week to do measurements. Total came to just under 3 grand (including their 10% sale discount), so am starting to shop around.

Can anyone recommend any particular blind companies? We're in Rathfarnham.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm based in Drogheda but used a company called 'Charisma Blinds' in Dun Laoghaire due to a family members recommendations. Got the whole house (13 windows) fitted with roller blinds for €1200. Don't know what it would be for venetian though.

Give them a call on 01-2302610. Regardless of price, the quality of the work was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I presume you want them fitted, but I recently got some Velux blinds from www.b4i.ie and their prices, customer service and delivery were great.
    Maybe they can recommend a local fitter to you?

Delivery is free btw, and they supply free samples.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

depending on where you are, check out a place in Ashbourne called All Shades. I got wooden blinds from him a few months ago .. much better pricing than most places and quick turnaround aswell. I can't find his number but it should be in the phonebook. Well worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

I got same recently, 2" Wooden venetian -
    dowstairs :- double doors plus 2 large windows
    upstairs :- 2 double rooms plus a single
    note :- didn't do bathrooms or landing window

total €700 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Thanks all for the suggestions.
    I recently got some Velux blinds from www.b4i.ie and their prices, customer service and delivery were great. Maybe they can recommend a local fitter to you?

Their site looks pretty good alright, as do their prices. Did you do the installation yourself? The online instructions for self-installation seem pretty thorough. Still, I have a few big blinds to install, wanna make sure it's done properly so may seek an installer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

I got same recently, 2" Wooden venetian -
    dowstairs :- double doors plus 2 large windows
    upstairs :- 2 double rooms plus a single
    note :- didn't do bathrooms or landing window

total €700 ish

Which company did you go with? All Shades?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

fullerand wrote:
    Which company did you go with? All Shades?
    It was a friend of mine, he measures up then gets the blinds made in England and then he fits them.
    You can just about see the blinds in this photo PIC

I'll check if it's ok to pass on his number if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

I know this is not an advertising board but the crowd in Ashbourne (all shades) are very good pleasant and good value from what I could see from shopping around though I hear Crumlin blinds are meant to be good but have no first hand knowledge. One thing dont put a wooden blind in the bathroom they will warp the guy in AS suggested a vinly (PVC) blind which has worked a treat so far and gets hit by the shower in the bath every time we use it.

happy blind hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

fullerand wrote:
    Thanks all for the suggestions.

Their site looks pretty good alright, as do their prices. Did you do the installation yourself? The online instructions for self-installation seem pretty thorough. Still, I have a few big blinds to install, wanna make sure it's done properly so may seek an installer...

Yeah I installed them myself, the Velux are a doddle as they are made to measure, just screw in a couple of brackets.

Not sure I would tackle the entire house with hanging blinds though, depends on the savings I suppose.
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dadad

anybody know where i can buy fabric for roller blinds, i have existing blinds, but they need to be replaced.i f i can get the fabric, i can replace them myself, as i have 20 windows, it would be too expensive to have a manufacturer replace and fit them. i hope one of you nice people can help me, i've spent hours searching the internet to no avail. somebody must know where to source the fabric, please help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Hi,

I can highly, highly recommend Advanced Blinds Systems in Walkinstown. There are 5 of us in work that have used them in the past 6 months and everyone sang their praises. Some got roller blinds and some got wooden venetians. I has gotten 4 differenct companies out and Advanced were €150 cheaper any of them

Dools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tdtd

i can recommend 'Blinds of Ireland' - tel. 8748607 - do all types and are competitive in costs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

whippet wrote:
    depending on where you are, check out a place in Ashbourne called All Shades. I got wooden blinds from him a few months ago .. much better pricing than most places and quick turnaround aswell. I can't find his number but it should be in the phonebook. Well worth a call.

having trouble finding a number for these? has anyone else found one???

Advertisement