Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unable to log out

Options
  • 04-01-2006 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

Am i losing my mind... whats going on. I can't log out of boards. I click the link, and it loads the page - something about cache been cleared etc... but Im still logged in on the top right corner. Nothing I do seems to work. I could go removing the cache myself, but thats not the point really... just wondering if this is the case for everyone?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

You're not allowed to leave, NOBODY IS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

hmmm... im on a network here, maybe theres something blocking the deletion of the cache info... but this seems insane.

and anyway, surely the software shouldnt be basing the logout on the deletion of the cache, no ... no it must be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The vBulletin software essentially unsets the cookie on your machine. Sometimes browsers get it wrong.

Clear your entire cache and it should sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

just delete the content of your cookies folder as seamus said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

If you read my post, I already know that I could clear my entire cache and be away (but thanks for the help ;) ). I just don't particularly want to do this. I could also trace through it and remove the individual cookies that I wish gone. Again I don't really wish to do this.

This was not a complaining post. This is a feedback forum, I was giving feedback. I had no real need to log out, i just noticed it, and thought it may be a bug as I had not ever seen it happen before.

Advertisement