Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 €25 in Smyths

Options
  • 04-01-2006 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Cant go wrong there.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

is it anygood (or is that a stupid question on a battefield forum) ive never played I OR II is II worth buying? Also what platform is it on/best on?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

its an online game for the PC and you need a damn good PC and a decent broadband connection, its worth it though if you have both of those things

mmmmm dont have an internet connection.... can it be played single player???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

CTU_Agent wrote:
    is it anygood (or is that a stupid question on a battefield forum) ive never played I OR II is II worth buying? Also what platform is it on/best on?:)

Dont buy the Xbox version, I have heard it is brutal. If you have a decent PC buy it. If not the bext PC you can pick up copies of BF1942 for 5-10 on boards(I sold mine for a fiver) and have a go of that to give you an idea. I am certain that once you have a go on BF9142 or BFV then you will soon be upgrading and buying BF2

BB is necessary for all games

CTU_Agent wrote:
    mmmmm dont have an internet connection.... can it be played single player???

you can against bots but terrible. I have never played single player in any of them. Just went online and played there. Even learned to fly on empty servers while waiting for people to connect. Single player sucks

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    you can against bots but terrible. Single player sucks

ah well there goes dat idea...

single player is pretty weak all right and not worth the 25 euro, kinda like the xbox 360 ****e if you don't have broadband!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I thought the single player on the xbox wasent bad. Still not a patch on the PC online version.

But not every one thinks that way.
    battlefieldmoderngayness8zd.jpg

SOrry for the doube post the edit button is not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I thought the single player on the xbox wasent bad. Still not a patch on the PC online version.

I was under the impression that the xbox had a special single player mission style version aswell as usual multiplayer. Could be wrong?

• Advertisement

Well I only played it the onece played the first 3 missions and thought it wasent bad for an Xbox game.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Sorry for being a dumbass n00b...

Am about to commit to a game (big deal for me as i tend to loose myself in it:) )

Anyways don't find games like Quake etc fun .. but BF2 looks like sommat I would like...

Now I've got my 3Mb Broadband and my Fast PC...

Do you need a subscription to play BF2 online ?????

And what other online games should I look out for ? currently playing all the Valve stuff but want something a bit less 'deathmatch' oriented.

-Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

No subscription is required, just create an account find a server and your good to go.
    Dont forget to patch up aswell, current is 1.12(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Macker1

Am about to commit to a game (big deal for me as i tend to loose myself in it:) )

Tell me about it, theres many a time I been playing to the wee hours without noticing:D

Anyways don't find games like Quake etc fun .. but BF2 looks like sommat I would like...

Trust me you will love it:)

Now I've got my 3Mb Broadband and my Fast PC...

Just the things you need

Do you need a subscription to play BF2 online ?????

Free, just the way it should be:)

-Alan[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

KdjaC wrote:
    Cant go wrong there.

kdjac

What format? PC or Xbox/other?
    And which Smyths store? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bf2 is only on one format PC and all smyths.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

KdjaC wrote:
    Cant go wrong there.

kdjac
    i paid twice that about 2 months ago :|

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

KdjaC wrote:
    Cant go wrong there.

kdjac

Indeed. I've been hearing much goodness about this game.

Thanks guys... gonna get this tommorow...

See you on the Battlefield...

-A

Looks like i'll be waiting a bit longer.. was sold out when i went down this evening...

Sitting at my computer now... BORED :o

• Advertisement

aloleary wrote:
    Looks like i'll be waiting a bit longer.. was sold out when i went down this evening...

Sitting at my computer now... BORED :o

Bummer man, damn good game

is this similar to Command and Conquer generals, strategy based or is it a FPS?:confused:

CTU_Agent wrote:
    is this similar to Command and Conquer generals, strategy based or is it a FPS?:confused:

It is similiar to....well BF....not many games out there like this. Ever play CS? DoD? CoD? any online shooter games? well it is similiar to them except you can jump into a car/van/jeep/plane/heli/tank and drive fly them around. With BF2 you have a commander who if played right has a number of squad. You have a map and on this map there is points called flags.

(If commander)You are supposed to direct your Spuads around to map to capture all the flags and hold them. Once you have done this you have won the round. The maps are a mixture of city maps, sea attacking shore, country landscape maps.

When playing in a squad you have 7 different classes to play with. Each of these have a normal weapon and then an unlock. You get unlocks the better you go in ranking system(See my ranking below)

Think that is a basic overview of the game. There is alot more than that to it but that gives you a quick idea.

http://bf2s.com/player/(NRG)Big_Nelly/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm sure the demo is still available isn't it?

Ponster wrote:
    I'm sure the demo is still available isn't it?

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp

Have a lash on there but if he has no internet then not sure how you will transfer. Remember these are only 16 player maps with mods. Can you start lan games with demo?

HELP got this finally... but there seems to be a bug ??!?

I cant 'crouch' ???

the key was unset after i installed and I have set it to primary H and secondary ; but pressing those keys does nothing ??

wtf...

Surely im missing something obvious here ??

:confused:

Just saw this on another forum... oh **** ... hardware issues !?!?

22-Nov Zboard Battlefield 2 Cannot crouch in BF2
    This update will fix an issue which is causing the "Crouch" key in Battlefield 2 to function incorrectly.
    The update works by installing a different version of the kernel mode driver.

Steps for successfully updating your Zboard driver:
    Download patch file here:
    http://www.ideazon.com/dev/QA/K2K_BF2_Patch.zip

Ensure you have the latest Zboard drivers installed and your USB Zboard is connected to your PC.
    Unzip "K2K_BF2_Patch.zip"
    Open Control Panel --> System --> Hardware --> Device Manager
    Locate "Keyboards" in the Device Manager
    Right click on "Ideazon USB Keyboard Device"
    Select "Update Driver..."
    Select "Install from a list or specific location... (Advanced)"
    Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."
    Click on "Have Disk..."
    Locate the folder where you unzipped "K2K_BF2_Patch.zip"
    Locate and select the file "OmniUsb.inf", press "OK"
    Click "Next", the driver will be installed.
    Reboot your computer for the changes to take affect.

Now i don't have zboard but I do have the bug.... its on a standard Dell8400 !?!

on looking further it seems i can crouch but i cannot lie down... proving to be horrible as im standing out like a sore thumb...

HELP

Well after much searching I found the solution.... adding here for anyone who does a search of boards later...

You have to reset all key mappings to defaults if this happens.. then it works... apparently this can happen a lot after a patch has been made after any custom key mappings have been set up

-A

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:

Tis a great game and the use of stats in it is great and detailed like no other game Ive ever played. Also if ya leave a server and rejion of get disconnected for some reason when ya rejion it retains youre score. Ive never seen a game that does that before.

Here is my stats V Nellys, intresting reading as we have similar scores but very different playing styles.

http://bf2s.com/compare.php?pid1=%28NRG%29Big_Nelly&pid2=-%3C%7B1st-IB%7D%3E-SpookyD

Advertisement