Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Credit Card facility for my website?

Options
  • 04-01-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi,

I am setting up a website and need an online credit card debit facility for cusatomers - I have one product - it will be one price, initally.

Can anyone advise on which is the best shopping cart / online credit card debiting facility I can use?

S

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

most hosting places like hosting365.ie are tied into one of these merchants and can resell it as you arrange hosting

also look at worldpay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

For a one product situation at a low volume it might be worthwhile using the paypay service that provide you with the shopping cart and payment. Otherwise you will have to:

Open a merchant account for CC transactions with your bank.
    Get a payment gateway
    Get an online shipping e.g. OScommerce.

We use buy.ie who provide the entire service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nothing wrong with using paypal to take your online payments either. If it's a one-off payment the customer won't even need to setup an account, they just input their credit card details!

www.paypal.com/ie in case you've not considered them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

www.realex.ie - Irish based, works with all Irish Merchant accounts.

HTH, Stephen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

www.realex.ie - Irish based, works with all Irish Merchant accounts.
    and you owe me commission :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Realex is expensive for a start up company, would need to be doing alot of volume to justify quarterly expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Hi,

I am setting up a website and need an online credit card debit facility for cusatomers - I have one product - it will be one price, initally.

Can anyone advise on which is the best shopping cart / online credit card debiting facility I can use?

S

Was in a Similar situation myself, Paypal is excellent.

Every site will have charges but for low volume "pay-as-you-use" Paypal have a lot to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

I was talking to someone today about paypal he said he got stung big as someone bought a lot of stuff using a stolen credit card and apparently pay pal don't do any fraud checks?!?!?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

fintan wrote:
    I was talking to someone today about paypal he said he got stung big as someone bought a lot of stuff using a stolen credit card and apparently pay pal don't do any fraud checks?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't work for paypal so I can't refer to their policy directly but I do know that, like ebay, if a client pays me with credit card there is a period of about 28 days when they can do a chargeback and I would then have to convince Paypal that the transaction was legitimate.

Either way, the OP asked about the best payment gateway for his site and while I can admit Paypal may not be leading the market, they do offer a very good service for small businesses including a host of shopping-cart building tools which are very easy to use.

I've used Oscommerce etc and it takes a lot of work whereas Paypal can be incorporated into a current site with great ease, just adding "Buy Now" buttons and instant shopping carts. ;)

Advertisement