Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PM Pop Up

Options
  • 04-01-2006 4:47pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would it be at all possible to expand the options for the New PM Pop Up notification tool in User CP?
    I use firefox (like a lot of people here), and thought it would be handy to be able to chose in your CP if, when given the pop up, you can choose between it opening in a new window or in a new tab.
    Not a major problem, but like most suggestions here, just something that might be able to make things that tiny bit nicer for people.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try the FireFox Plugin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

flogen wrote:
    Would it be at all possible to expand the options for the New PM Pop Up notification tool in User CP?
    I use firefox (like a lot of people here), and thought it would be handy to be able to chose in your CP if, when given the pop up, you can choose between it opening in a new window or in a new tab.
    Not a major problem, but like most suggestions here, just something that might be able to make things that tiny bit nicer for people.

You mean the JavaScript popup? I doubt that can be modified to accept anything other than a true or false / ok or cancel response. Also, I doubt that there is any psuedo-HTML code that FireFox can recognise to open a link in a new tab, rather than a new window.

However, depending on your version of FireFox, you can set it to open links that would normally open in a new window in a new tab instead. It's very handy...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I keep meaning to reinstall the plugin, had to drop it when I upgraded to 1.5 and never got the new one.

Also, I have firefox set up to open all links in a new tab rather than a new window, but it doesn't work for this because the pop up says, do you want to open it in a new window, ok or cancel. I thought maybe there was a way to create a seperate box that would pop up (if you had the right settings in your CP), to say open in new tab, ok or cancel.

I don't know much about programming for firefox, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

flogen wrote:
    I keep meaning to reinstall the plugin, had to drop it when I upgraded to 1.5 and never got the new one.

Also, I have firefox set up to open all links in a new tab rather than a new window, but it doesn't work for this because the pop up says, do you want to open it in a new window, ok or cancel. I thought maybe there was a way to create a seperate box that would pop up (if you had the right settings in your CP), to say open in new tab, ok or cancel.

I don't know much about programming for firefox, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance!

Like I said, it probably can't be done by changing a JavaScript popup, or by using a FireFox specific link, but hopefully there are Firefox extensions on the way that will automatically open popups in a tab as well.

Check out this site:
    http://216.55.161.203/theonekea/tabprefs/
    ability to divert URLs away from popup windows (still under development)

I think that's what would be needed, because although the JScript popup would say "new window", it would end up going in a new tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

flogen wrote:

I have "Open all new windows in a new tab" set, and when I press ok, it opens in a new tab :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement