Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Skellys

Options
  • 04-01-2006 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi there

Just wondering if any of you joined the Jackie Skelly Gym last night? There seemed to be loads of people queing in the sales unit. Was going to go over but it was too cold! Might wait until its open to see what its like.

Jingle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

does anyone know when its open and how much the membership is???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

does anyone know when its open and how much the membership is???

Hopefully Ru will be online soon, and he can give you the details - he was busy queuing last night, it's about €55 join up fee (though this is limited to the first 200 odd people to sign up) and €60 per month after that.

Just checked their website, and no info there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

exactly, no info at all on their website.... I'd be looking for new marketing people if I was them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

I signed up yesterday - buggers for catching you post-Christmas!! Cost me 45 euro + 10 admin joining fee and then 61/mth or 610/yr if you cough up within the first 3 months of joining. Due to open at the end of march and first payment goes out 1st april.

WIth regad to classes, they'll be doing sampler classes for the first month and will try to tailor them after feedback! The plans look lovely, I'm looking forward to evening dips in the pool! Actually maybe evening dips in the jacuzzi will do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

hi there,

does anyone know if they have squash courts in the new gym?

ta,

Last

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

I know it's a bit late for this, as I’ve signed up already............but where is the gym, i neglected to ask. I was so excited to actually hold to a new year’s resolution for a change.......... it just happened to be from 1996 but I’m not going to be choosy!
    Is it the one beside the Rugby Club or the one behind us????

On another note.....does anyone else play Capoeira,? I'll be looking for a sparring partner when the gym opens up. My classes are in town so i can only go once a week as I’m hilariously lazy when it comes to traveling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

If you go through the main rondabout, past the apartments on the left up to the next roundabout as if youre going to rathcoole you should see the gym on the left, it's the big grey building.

In answer to your second question, i'm afraid even thinking of it is likely to give me hernia

Johnc72 wrote:
    In answer to your second question, i'm afraid even thinking of it is likely to give me hernia

I think I'll wait for it to come out on the playstation.

eoin_s wrote:
    I think I'll wait for it to come out on the playstation.

Come on Eoin, give it a shot.............think of it like upside down rugby........without a ball.............or running.........and soemone kicking at your head..........while being upside down...............Playstation sounds good.......

or try this for starters:

http://capoeira-fighter.freeonlinegames.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Ru wrote:

On another note.....does anyone else play Capoeira,? I'll be looking for a sparring partner when the gym opens up.

I'm up for a bit of Gay Fight Dancing!

• Advertisement

Apip99 wrote:

Oficina da Capoeira?????

imagine, the serenity of sitting on the balcony, sipping a g&t and seeing two hairy Dubs in pyjamas, dancing with each other..

can't wait.. ;)

imagine, the serenity of sitting on the balcony, sipping a g&t and seeing two hairy Dubs in pyjamas, dancing with each other..

can't wait.. ;)

Hairy??????????

do we know eachother?

Apip99 wrote:

Fi would thank you for it................you'll need al the energy you can get when little Phil comes!!!!!!!!

Fair point, or the fact that I may want to escape from the house for a few hours. Imagine.

Fi "Can you turn the TV off and feed him/her"

Me "I can't I have to go GFD'ing with Ru"

Fi "Oh okay, see you later"

Apip99 wrote:
    Fair point, or the fact that I may want to escape from the house for a few hours. Imagine.Fi "Oh okay, see you later"

Myself and Davey are heading in next Tuesday night.
    It's €10 for 1 class, €30 for 5 and €50 for 8.
    If you want to give it a shot i would recommend paying for one class to see if you like it... or if it kills you

Ru wrote:
    If you want to give it a shot i would recommend paying for one class to see if you like it... or if it kills you

Ru,

are there going to be capoeira classes in Jacky Skelly's? i wouldn't mind a go at that..

it'll give the lads something to do whilst the other halves are talking carpets and curtains...

Ru wrote:

I think I would die. My fitness level is at an all time low. Think I need to get a few walks and runs in 1st, so my body knows that its not just cigarettes, alcohol and turkey that get thrown in. There can be oxygen as well.

Apip99 wrote:
    I think I would die. My fitness level is at an all time low. Think I need to get a few walks and runs in 1st, so my body knows that its not just cigarettes, alcohol and turkey that get thrown in. There can be oxygen as well.

chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 15 avg

does anyone know if they have a ouples gym membership?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

They do, but I think you save a whopping €4 a month by getting it instead of two individual ones.

Hi there,

I'm currently a member at westwood. does anyone know if Jacky Skelly's has a joining fee waiver for members joining from other gyms?

oh ok thanks for that... i thought they would have a better deal than that! I think 60 euro a month is quite expensive for a new gym..thought they would have a much better deal than that..bit dissapointed!!

hi last saturday,
    not sure if they do, but try ringing 2016088- thats the number for the office..ive rang it soooo many times only got through once they said they would ring me back and never did!! u might have better luck x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Sharonh

hi there,

does anyone know if they have squash courts in the new gym?

ta,

Last
    Don't think the new gym has them. I'd love to get back in to playing though, it's been years! Does anyone know where there might any around Greystones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lagur

Hi there.
    is there any1 interested of taking up my membership?
    it will be 54 E per month.
    i joined back in january, so i can not cancell it b4 12 months.
    thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

If your reason for leaving is that you are not motivated enough to keep going, or are injured, moving house, etc. then so be it, sell your membership. But if like a lot of others you are leaving because of poor standards, lazy staff there, hygiene, Joe Duffy's report on poo in the pool, dont be bullied by these guys. Write a letter addressing your concerns, await an improvement(will it happen?). If they continue to charge ,you lodge a case with the small claims court($17). Get a refund. Dont pay for goods or services which are not being delivered to your satisfaction. They cannot effect your credit rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stevemcqueen

Jingle wrote: »
    Hi there

Just wondering if any of you joined the Jackie Skelly Gym last night? There seemed to be loads of people queing in the sales unit. Was going to go over but it was too cold! Might wait until its open to see what its like.

Jingle

id think twice about jackie skellys, it seems they are more concerned in opening new gyms than maintain & look after yheir existing, ive watched my gym go down the drain, its absolute filthy, everything seems to be broken sauna etc and basicall y its S*%T

Zombie thread! I think there are more recent threads on JS, so closing this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement