Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky TV Prices/Services?

• 04-01-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can get Sky Plus no matter where you are? Or do you need to be in a dedicated area? Basically, I moved into a new apartment and Chorus was pre-installed and I was told I had to go with them. Thing is, they're shít, and I would like to get Sky Plus, well at least regular Sky anyway. But I don't really want to get a dish.

I went to their website and tried to look for prices but it's very confusing to find anything. All different packages and prices and discounts if you go for this and that. Does anyone know how much regular Sky digital costs a month? Or is there such thing as regular Sky anymore considering you can pick and mix channels now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

You can get it anywhere, regardless of location (assuming your landlord or residents committee doesn't have a ban on dishes being erected). But you'll 100% need a dish to receive the signal.

You don't "have" to go with Chorus - they're sh*t. Tell them to f*ck off. They're just chancing their arm. NTL do the same - they presume you want crappy cable - NTL: this ain't 1991, and you're not 'Cablelink' anymore with a monopoly on cable TV installations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Ha, true! So am I right in saying the only way to get Sky is from a dish? The don't do cable no?

They do have a ban on dishes being placed on the apartment blocks, but it's an 'Irish' ban. Nobody is ever going to enforce it. There are plenty up already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ham I right in saying the only way to get Sky is from a dish? The don't do cable no?

satellite only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Ha, true! So am I right in saying the only way to get Sky is from a dish? The don't do cable no?

They do have a ban on dishes being placed on the apartment blocks, but it's an 'Irish' ban. Nobody is ever going to enforce it. There are plenty up already.
    Then go for it.

Advertisement