Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvhs

• 04-01-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I was extremely surprised to find out that JVC kept the tape format alive with D(digital data)VHS and it's also backward compatible! I know I shouldn't have thrown out my tape collection.

It is also in HD too. So for those with HDTVs, all you have to do is import one of these (as there don't seem to be available in Europe) and shell out another few €40 per film to really appreciate Hi Definition. Who needs BluRay/HD-DVD!

Must dust off my DAT deck...

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?productId=PRD4603000&pathId=50

http://www.dvhsmovie.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

same can be said for DV tape in DV cameras ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Sparky-s wrote:
    same can be said for DV tape in DV cameras ;)

Not really. There is really no authernative to DV tapes for DV cameras at the moment. Unless, you are talking about the full size DV tapes rather the current mini/micro DV tapes which I use.

Direct to DVD is nice but the cameras are too big. Flash or some other memory media is probably the future - JVC actually has a harddisk camcorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

JimmyL wrote:
    Not really. There is really no authernative to DV tapes for DV cameras at the moment. Unless, you are talking about the full size DV tapes rather the current mini/micro DV tapes which I use.

Direct to DVD is nice but the cameras are too big. Flash or some other memory media is probably the future - JVC actually has a harddisk camcorder.

Ah i know what you mean, im just making a comparison to the fact that DV tape is a tape medium that can be used for HD material aswell.

I have seen the JVC camcorder you were on about and was tempted to get it :D.
    I reckon either like you say, a Hard disk medium (removable or non removable) and/or solid state memory is the future.

As at the moment to edit footage i have to record the tape to the pc, where as if it was a HDD camera i could download ot to the pc much much quicker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Sparky-s wrote:
    I reckon either like you say, a Hard disk medium (removable or non removable) and/or solid state memory is the future.

A lot of these are showing up at CES now. So it might not be too far in the future.

Advertisement