Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Time - Charlesland Night Out!!

Options
  • 04-01-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Fair play Eoin for getting this all set up!!

Is everyone still on for some neighbourly drinkies in Script on Saturday 14th?

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Sounds like fun - any point sticking a note up in Superquinn or is it an exclusive night to board.ie members?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Bl&#225 wrote: »
    Sounds like fun - any point sticking a note up in Superquinn or is it an exclusive night to board.ie members?

A note sounds like a good idea, it would be great to get more people from the estate on this forum, so I definitely wouldn't exclude non-boards.ie people. It's a shame the URL for this forum isn't shorter, so it could be given out...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

I realise this would exclude everyone who doesn't get the dart in the morning, but you'd reach a fair few people with a note stuck up in the feeder bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

Myself and BF will definitely be there. If you're coming along, let us know so we have an idea of how many of us will be there!:)
    Should be a great night, esp for those who are already moved in.
    Should have been in the Park in a 2 bed apt in Nov but still no date to snag as yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

Absolutely - the more the merrier!!! we should totally stick up a notice in superquin - and on the feeder bus - and anywhere else that's relevant. Could someone do that (seeing as how i'm not even living there yet!) Otherwise i will do it over the weekend no worries!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Good work people! I'll take an ad out in the Times as well :D:D
    Looking forward to meeting everyone, will be fun putting faces on usernames!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

We're due to move into Park in Feb...who knows...anyways, would love to meet up but as I'm not in the area yet - where is Script & what time?
    thanks!:)

Gonna "sticky" this thread for the time being (changed the title as well, hope you don't mind SJ!)...

Unfortunately, the g/f and I - as well as Ru and his g/f - can't make it this Saturday, but will be there next Saturday should anyone fancy a repeat night out.

Script is between Charlesland and the Dart station. If you are walking from the town towards Charlesland, it's on your right about 100 yards before the first roundabout into the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rustypup

Hi Everyone, very new to this forum thingy! I can't believe I only came across this whole Charlesland catalogue of information now - when it's too late! I purchased in November 2004 and only got to move in November 2005!! I'm in the Grove, and even though it took so long, I'm loving it now, and this idea of meeting up is fantastic. I'm very much looking forward to it, as the people on this site seem very friendly (I've just spent over an hour dossing from work, reading all the previous posts!)

For any people still purchasing/waiting, a small bit of advice is, don't be afraid to ask for things! I managed to get my tiles changed from what was in the show house. Also (doesn't seem to have been mentioned, but is very useful) for an extra fee of €75 I got a double plug socket fit in the back garden - for lawnmower/electric lights etc. If I can be of any help to anyone, don't hesitate to ask...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

eoin_s wrote:
    Gonna "sticky" this thread for the time being (changed the title as well, hope you don't mind SJ!)...

Unfortunately, the g/f and I - as well as Ru and his g/f - can't make it this Saturday, but will be there next Saturday should anyone fancy a repeat night out.

Script is between Charlesland and the Dart station. If you are walking from the town towards Charlesland, it's on your right about 100 yards before the first roundabout into the estate.

As Eoin has said............. this Saturday is a no go for myself and the boss.
    We have a quadruple birthday to go to in Town.
    Has this Saturday been set in stone or is there room for maneuver?

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

its a shame some people can't make it, but I reckon go ahead with the night out anyway if people are still up for it.

Eoin/Ru we can always do it again in a few weeks?? In fact if Saturday is a laugh, I'm sure more people will go again in a few weeks.

We've already arranged to stay with friends in Charlesland on Sat night as we haven't moved in yet! So we will definitely be there!! So see anybody whos going from about 8.30pm??? Hmmmm lets see, I'll wear a green jumper and have a newspaper under my arm!! :D:D Ah I'm sure we'll be able to figure out who the Charleslanders are:eek: :eek:

See some of you on Saturday hopefully!! D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Hey everyone, myself and the boyf will definitely be there on Saturday night. Looking forward to it! :) Will probably be there from 8.30 or 9ish. Hope we can spot all the other Charleslanders, so far we only know the people living on either side of us!

Yeah Saturday should be cool and as D said we can have another one if it's great craic! Maybe we should try to hang around in a specific area in the pub in case all the greystonians think we are the friendliest strangers ever chatting to randomers! I have never even been there so not sure where - any ideas?:rolleyes: Did anyone ever put anything up in superquinn or the shuttle bus? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

We should be there around 9.30. I guess it's going to be a case of starting to talk to anyone who looks even vaguely familiar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lelito

:o Hi All, I'm a NU living in CG, how is everyone? How many are going on Sat night? Are there any single men by any chance??? You all seem to have GFs and BFs.... What about SGs and SBs????

Seems like a friendly group though and the suggestions have been great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I've no idea how many are going. But I'm a single girl (sorry not to be a bloke!) and I'm gonna try and make it down. I'm out with my sister that night, she's moving into Eden Gate so I'll try and get her to come down. Is it strictly Charlesland or is there abit of leeway? I should probably mention that I'm actually in Seabourne View but I'm hoping no-one's going to be too strict!

Hmmmmm I don't know about that Wingding........... ;)

Only messing, the more the merrier!! See you there

Alright folks,

Hope you all have a great night on Saturday, I am really annoyed we can't make it.

I expect full reports on Monday morning, and a guarantee that another night out will be had soon!

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

gutted i cant make it either might be good idea for informal chat about getting a residents asscoation together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

Gutted, BF has to work tonight and we haven't moved into Charlesland yet. Its too far to taxi it down from Lucan.
    Hopefully if its a success we can do it again in Feb?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Hi there

Sorry I can't make it either - something last minute has come up - enjoy and look forward to the next one

B
    :(

How did the night out go???????

Well the three of us that turned up had a good laugh, and made friends!!!:o

Rustypup wrote:
    Well the three of us that turned up had a good laugh, and made friends!!!:o

It was hilarious!! Like a bad episode of Blind Date!!! :eek:
    A few of us headed in around 9ish and proceeded to ask anyone that looked suspect if they were from boards!! Mortifying as everyone was going 'from where??!' :confused: Just as we had given up on meeting anyone we met rustypup! So it wasn't a total wash out but next time it might be worthwhile trying to organise it a bit better - like pick a particular area! :D Was anyone else there apart from me, donal and Rustypup? Lastsaturday pity you guys couldn't make it - I only found out on Sat who you are!! I'm Marie's sister!! :)

I spent Sunday afternoon thinking of how we could let the masses know about (if there will be one) another night out for the Charlesland residents.
    The problem with the one last Saturday is that not enough people knew about it.

We need to create an invitation that we could print out that would include a time, date and a link to the relevant thread on boards.ie Then each person already on boards would print out 5 copies each and post them to houses/apartment on your block.
    That’s it, no hassle, no mess, no expense and 200 people know about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I was there with my sister and her friend. It was very busy so we just had a few drinks ourselves. Had no idea how to figure out who was who. SJ, your alot braver than me!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

hello SJ, Marie told me who you were too! any idea on a moving in date?

we would have loved to have come, but were still a bit knackered after herself's 30th.. did get the house snagged though.

will have to organise a secret call sign on the green maybe.. lads? how about if you're out there on the green practising your pitch 'n putt.. you're looking for a pint?

i'm sure the girls will just pour themselves a glass of wine and ring each other.

Saturday night was hillarious!! The drunker we got, the funnier it was when people looked at like you had 12 heads if you asked them if they were from Boards!!! We actually started off asking if people were from Charlesland, but that was just more confusing cos then we had to ask if they were from Boards........ and then they said No!!

We haven't moved in yet but were staying in Charlesland on Saturday. Man, that is not a nice walk home at 1am on a windy night!!!

LastSaturday, great idea, if you're out on the green its a call to the lads to go for a pint.

Ah yes, Do_nal, that's why you need the number for Charlesland Taxis!! Or you find other nice Charleslanders who happen to be leaving at the same time as you and nab a lift in their taxi!!!
    I definitely don't want to have to go through the experience of having to ask everyone around me if they're from Charlesland again! I would agree with a little more organisation the next time - by the end of the evening people who I had asked (most of the people in the place) were coming up asking me if I'd found my friends yet!! Embarrassing, considering I was actually sitting with my friends!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Angel

Ha, good to see you all settling in. We'll certainly be joining you as soon as we move in, hopefully the end of March or April!

Advertisement