Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nissan Tv Ad

Options
  • 04-01-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Anyone noticed the new Nissan ad. "I Love Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway" An absolute disgrace.:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

WOW, just WOW
    Seriously. some people with moan about just about anything! :eek:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

.....An absolute disgrace.:mad:
    i'm going to write a letter and put a stamp on it and post it to someone who cares in the Irish Times. So there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the ad doesnt love Waterford. who cares. some people need to get a grip of whats important with life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

people in dublin forgetting about the orginal capital city of ireland - surely we are used to this by now and can get over it.

life for some dubliners doesn't exist beyond the pale !! unless it is for a bank weekend away !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they would've done we love boris in ossory, but RTE haven't changed to widescreen yet

• Advertisement

they changed to widescreen months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ok, sorry i retract that last post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Cabaal wrote:
    WOW, just WOW
    Seriously. some people with moan about just about anything! :eek:
    :rolleyes:

Be nice if they forgot Galway or Limerick for a change, instead of Waterford... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

merlante wrote:
    Be nice if they forgot Galway or Limerick for a change, instead of Waterford... :rolleyes:

I think they should just use random village names instead of citys...hmmm but then I suppose other villages will get upset, oh well can't win! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Surprised the Kilkenny city mob aren't on here complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

frankly the Kilkenny City Mob (speaking as an individual) thinks it's very funny how you guy's are always so uptight and sooo upset about being left out... It's like watching 5yr old kids that don't get there way

trishw78 wrote:
    frankly the Kilkenny City Mob (speaking as an individual) thinks it's very funny how you guy's are always so uptight and sooo upset about being left out... It's like watching 5yr old kids that don't get there way

Oh come on, if they were naming towns with medieval castles in them and Kilkenny was always left out you lot would be up in arms.

There aren't an unlimited or large number of cities in the country. To have all but one named on a continuous basis is going to be frustrating for the inhabitants of that city. (please lets not start talking about what the cities are, we've really *done* that...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Mossy Monk wrote:
    the ad doesnt love Waterford. who cares. some people need to get a grip of whats important with life

Yeah - like your home City Mossy. No point in ignoring this. It's typical of the treatment meted out to Waterford in recent years. It's all too easy to sit back. It's not too long ago that, when WRTC was upgraded to IT status, that people elsewhere (Cork in particular) caused uproar, resulting in all all RTCs being upgraded to IT status.

Are you suggesting that they should have ignored that as well? We could learn something from them - like getting yourrself heard. As a city with a full cabinet minister we are still without:

1. A motorway link to Dublin (which now appears to have been sidelined in favour of the three other cities on the Nissan ad;) ).

2. A runway extension and proper funding of Waterford Airport.

3. No proper radiotherapy service.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

merlante wrote:
    Oh come on, if they were naming towns with medieval castles in them and Kilkenny was always left out you lot would be up in arms.

There aren't an unlimited or large number of cities in the country. To have all but one named on a continuous basis is going to be frustrating for the inhabitants of that city. (please lets not start talking about what the cities are, we've really *done* that...)

And that is my point Merlante. This is an ongoing problem, and is symptomatic of the discrminiation practiced against Ireland's oldest City.

If you wish to lodge a complaint to the ad, the address is:

sales@nissan.ie

Bond-007 wrote:
    Surprised the Kilkenny city mob aren't on here complaining!

Well I'm from Kilkenny (living in waterford) and I'm laughing at how childish this whole thread is :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

Cabaal wrote:
    Well I'm from Kilkenny (living in waterford) and I'm laughing at how childish this whole thread is :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

If you think it's childish to call people up on this sort of thing then you're a fool.

Freddie59 wrote:
    Yeah - like your home City Mossy

to be honest about this, i am not from here. just working here. i am from Dungarvan originally. i find it amazing how worked up people get about being "forgotten" in this town

Mossy Monk wrote:
    to be honest about this, i am not from here. just working here. i am from Dungarvan originally. i find it amazing how worked up people get about being "forgotten" in this town

You have a short memory. Do you not remember the days when nobody gave a **** what people thought, and nobody made any noise when Waterford was forgotten about or left out? People are sick of the poor profile and visibility Waterford has gotten as a result of this.

Like it or lump it, Waterford has a poor profile nationally, and that makes it very hard to get infrastructure, investment, jobs, etc. in Waterford. We are suffering for the sins of the past. People are just reacting to that. You have a city of 50,000 people that half the country is unaware exists: that is not a good thing for those 50,000 people!

You have to draw a line somewhere.

merlante wrote:

your the only dragging us back to that subject that's not what I'm commenting on Kilkenny is passed over and forgotten about just as much as Waterford as is Tipperary as is Leitrim as is Rosscommon should I go on.

The point is your ALL a little hypersensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I declare war on Nissan. But then again come on... it's only a bloody advertisement, who cares.

• Advertisement

trishw78 wrote:
    your the only dragging us back to that subject that's not what I'm commenting on Kilkenny is passed over and forgotten about just as much as Kilkenny as is Tipperary as is Leitrim as is Rosscommon should I go on.

The point is your ALL a little hypersensitive.

Yeah, and it's a bad point. Isin't there some other board you can go on to complain about hypersensitive Waterford people? :rolleyes:

merlante wrote:
    You have a short memory. Do you not remember the days when nobody gave a **** what people thought, and nobody made any noise when Waterford was forgotten about or left out? People are sick of the poor profile and visibility Waterford has gotten as a result of this.

Like it or lump it, Waterford has a poor profile nationally, and that makes it very hard to get infrastructure, investment, jobs, etc. in Waterford. We are suffering for the sins of the past. People are just reacting to that. You have a city of 50,000 people that half the country is unaware exists: that is not a good thing for those 50,000 people!

You have to draw a line somewhere.

I agree Waterford does have a poor profile... and it time something was done

merlante wrote:
    Yeah, and it's a bad point. Isin't there some other board you can go on to complain about hypersensitive Waterford people? :rolleyes:

Sorry if I upset you. But it is funny

Even a Waterford person agrees with Trish about people being hypersensitive. I wonder who said it in the first place :rolleyes:

ssshhh they might think I'm paying you ;)

You are, well not really you've threatened to beat me up when you see me again.

kensutz wrote:
    Even a Waterford person agrees with Trish about people being hypersensitive. I wonder who said it in the first place :rolleyes:

You could find Waterford people to agree with all sorts of things. Go to Kerry and suggest it isin't the nicest county in the country, or tell the langers they have a stupid accent, and you'll see another scale of hypersensitivity. :rolleyes:

kensutz wrote:
    You are, well not really you've threatened to beat me up when you see me again.

But only in a good way... that's a discussion for S&S not here and now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

me sighs...........:(

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

merlante wrote:
    or tell the langers they have a stupid accent, and you'll see another scale of hypersensitivity. :rolleyes:

hey you! watcha talkin about boy! setttle your kettle or i'll bury you somewhere near Trabolgan! :)

Advertisement