Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

• 04-01-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Go easy on me now, new to all this, but very curious.....

Interested in what the view out there is on options for regional telecoms.
    Is it still the same as 5 years ago, but with different tecos ?
    Are Eircom holding all the aces ?
    Is it still DSL or nothing if your outside Dublin ?
    What is availalable for a start up company with a requirement over 2Mbs in the regions ?
    Is it the same story for data centres & off site storgage ?

Oh well here goes.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes €ircon are still pretty much in charge of the telecoms arena in Ireland, it's slowly improving but very slowly. So you want BB in Cork for a business? You need to more specific for any one to help you......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bish-bosh

At this stage I have no specifc requirement in one area, but I am looking to scope out a potential requirement where customers would require over 2Mb of dedicated bandwidth, in a number of regional sites. Bearing in mind some users have an issue with ADSL and security i would need to scope out both broadband and dedicated connectivity.
    From my research Eircom retail, Eircom wholesale in (many forms) and BT in limited options are the only realistic options. As there are few competitors there has been limited movement on the 2Mb + pricing.
    Any alternatives ?

Advertisement