Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL & Day of Defeat

• 04-01-2006 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

has anyone else experienced problems with NTL and Day of Defeat (1.3). I've been playing DoD:Source for the last few months and went back to 1.3 in the last couple of weeks. All I get is stuttering every few seconds lasting a split second each time - just enough time to die :(

While playing source its not as noticeable but its still there. My connection for downloading is perfect >350k from start to finish and my pings are pretty low to most UK gaming servers (<40ms)

Its frustrating as hell, anyone else have similar problems or ideas on what could be up?

Tx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

In console try 'net graph 3' to see your packet loss & choke These should both be 0.

Try pathping <server ip> in a command window which will give you oddles of info on the quality of your line.

Tbh it could be a HL issue itself, so check your line first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Did you set your rates? Plenty of servers have min rates of 3500 or 5000 that will screw you up.
    Go to console, type; rate 20000, then cl_updaterate 80, and finally cl_cmdrate 80.

Advertisement