Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Advice please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm considering buying this phone [URL=]"http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=phones&productId=17988#"[/URL]
    but i've never owned a Motorola before and I'm just wondering are they reliable/user friendly. Any comments on this particular model?

Thanks

your link is broken. you're looking for an e770 right? user-friendly:not too bad. reliable:dear god no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

its a Motorola, save yourself the hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

you're looking for an e770 right? user-friendly:not too bad. reliable:dear god no

Vimes, I do hope your wrong :( ............... I purchased my first ever 'Moto' (E770v) early last month so I've 4 weeks under my belt and hope for a long and happy relationship :) ..... so far so good ...

it does everything I want it to do and with the current offer from Voda of a brand new E770v all for 109.00 euros (RTG) plus a 100.00 euro's credit there is not a lot to loose ..... if you don't like it after a few weeks pop it in the recycle bin and transfer the sim to a new phone :p .... and say to your self 'That experiment cost me 9.00 euro's' :eek:

Oh, and the link for the 109.00 offer is .... http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=ootm&productId=17989&bpProductId=17988&bannerdesc=store_images/home/balloons_store_e770.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

if you don't like it after a few weeks pop it in the recycle bin and transfer the sim to a new phone .... and say to your self 'That experiment cost me 9.00 euro's'

Lol, when you put it that way plus the fact that the money that's paying for the phone was won playing poker, what have I got to lose?!

I wasn't sure about the free credit. What's the deal? Just buy the phone, register online and that's it?

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the broken link, I just couldnt get the fúcking BB code (?) right!

bread, make sure it's registered ok and every month a sweet little Voda gal will come along and stick 10.00 euro's credit into your phone :p

thats the good bit :D .... but after 10 months or 100.00 euro's total credit she stops doing it :( ..... and your all on your own :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't go for a Motorola! They've got poor signal strength, poor reliability and are sluggish in operation.

There are going to be a lot of unhappy punters (inc. me) if these negative vibes prove true and I promise to post here if I feel let down ..... Moto is shipping handsets at the rate of almost 34 million units a quarter .... that's more than two million a week :eek:

there's nothing simple in life, bread!!!! ..... just as well your a 'Gambler' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

ciaranfo wrote:
    Don't go for a Motorola! They've got poor signal strength, poor reliability and are sluggish in operation.

Sweeping generalisation Number #436 ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

shut yaz er mouths! I had like 20 nokias and got the motorola today while moving to Voda and its brill.Signal is great and all up here in meath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Jam Man wrote:
    Sweeping generalisation Number #436 ;):D
    There's a reason for such generalisations :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

Motorola traditionally have had (justifiably) a bad rep for reliability.

Their latest handsets (razr series) and E models are based on a new platform and are performing much better across all networks - from a reliability perspective.

The E770 at €109 is a good value buy - lots of features, access to 3G.

The problem is its still a motorola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Thanks for the help guys (/girls), I'm think Im just going to go for it since I simply can't resist the cool features!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have two of the e770v and they are working fine. One is unlocked and has a UK Voda sim and I was in London for the last 2 days and watched a good bit of free mobile tv (dont bother paying for it).

The phone is grand. It works. Bluetooth is handy and video calling is an experience worth a try. Its Mp3 player sounds well.

Advertisement