Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offtopic RipOff/Oilprices/Captialism rubbish

Options
  • 04-01-2006 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

big boys are not decent, are not hard working, are not honorable, and above all are not really Irish, when someone calls themself Irish and rip off his or her fellow countrymen and women, they can not call them selves Irish, I would call them chancers.

Fu*king A, Bubba! WELL SAID

RTE and their Communist whoreboys in the media have been prattling on about "war for oil" etc etc etc

A gallon of petrol costs LESSSSSSSS in this country than a gallon of Milk.

FACT

Petrol per litre is cheaper than Milk. Petrol is a finite resource which needs to be refined, shipped, taxed, fought over, spilled etc

More cows = more milk. Forever. Yet it costs more.:rolleyes:

In other words, sucking on the cock of Johnny Saudi is actually cheaper than sucking on the tits of our own cows. If you can make sense of that, fine, go for it.

1lb of BSE FREE US Beef costs $1. How much does dodgy Irish **** cost? Exactly.

Irish farmers. A bunch of clowns. Take a cow, feed it sh*t, cover it in its own sh*t, stand it up in its own sh*t, let it sleep in its own sh*t, shoot it with a ball of its own sh*t and sell it for 10 times the price, under the label of "organic". Go figure.

Sorry for that little rant. Hats of to Crossan. That said its not worth moving to Longford.

That fella who plays Jacksy in Killinaskully was on the tele there, and he said that he was sick of the rubbish desserts they serve in restaurants, he was saying that old desserts like tapioca used to "fill out the bits of the stomach the spuds didn't reach"

Ireland is like that today. We need private "regulators" to fill out the increasingly large gaps that our "State" isn't bothering to fill. In an age when unskilled, initiative-deficient private contractors are putting themselves about like so many Byzantine Craftsmen, the likes of Crossan are a Godsend. I hope he milks it in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Petrol per litre is cheaper than Milk. Petrol is a finite resource which needs to be refined, shipped, taxed, fought over, spilled etc

NO it's not. I buy milk for 70c per litre. Pertol is 1.08 last I checked. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DialUpMeArse

At Pre Katrina prices [to which we will soon return, given that what happened in the US was not the catastrophe that the BBC and RTE and associated communists wanted it to be] I could get petrol for as little as 90c to the litre.

How much is a Premier Dairies litre? Granted, Nationalists may be crawling over the border to buy milk, and Unionists meeting them half way to buy petrol, but by-and-by the preponderance of the nation is paying in or around 95c for litre.

There was an outfit from the North [Strathroy]who used sell 2L of milk for £1:10 [Punts] but their prices were always on the up-and-up....before too long the Euro came in and I've not seen their product on the East Coast anymore.

Waterford City was selling gas pretty cheap there recently. 2 litres of their stuff was as cheap as 2L Premier Dairies milk in Superquinn. You can squabble over pennies but the petrol came all the way from Saudi, the milk from Ballycrapsville.

There is no reason for that.

By the way, 1.08 is outrageous for gas. Shell Kilmacanogue is 1.06, Mountrath Dublin is 99.0 and that is a POST KATRINA price. Those prices don' even take into account that the profits of "big oil" were rocketing anyways. Yet they were still selling at prices tantamount to that of Milk. Supermilk [the junk in the red carton to which the ad the vitamins that they already took out] is anywhere between 90c and 1 Euro depending on where you buy it. All of this- TO MENTION NOTHING OF THE FACT that petrol in this country is subject to heavy taxing. As I say, we can gladly pick out the lowest milk prices and the highest petrol prices but we should compare apples and apples. Katrina has thrown a cat among the pigeons but even at that the figures stil don't add up. Refining costs less that Pasteurisation. Someone is taking the mickey big-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

How much is a Premier Dairies litre?

70c. That's the milk I buy. It will be a loooooong time (if ever) that petrol gets this low.

Where do you buy it? Perhaps I should have pointed it out, but Supermilk is what i buy. A bad example perhaps, I ought to have levelled the playing field, but my point remains as follows: the cheapest petrol is as cheap as the dearest milk- and there is no reason on Gods green Earth why that should be the way. Someone somewhere is having a good old lark. I don't doubt what you say, I could probably source milk as cheap as yours....but I shouldn't have to look.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Irish farmers. A bunch of clowns. Take a cow, feed it sh*t, cover it in its own sh*t, stand it up in its own sh*t, let it sleep in its own sh*t, shoot it with a ball of its own sh*t and sell it for 10 times the price, under the label of "organic". Go figure

Perhaps you could expound your theory of cleaning coffee of a flat screen now:D

Classic :)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

How on earth did Crossen cable get linked to milk and gas!! :D

cgarvey wrote:
    Back on topic ladies & gents, or queue up for the first '06 banning, which is being highly contended!

.cg

Queue up? Queue up? What the foke is this? Heavy handed moderation meets dial-up speeds? You need Broadband buddy. Those high contention rates :D must be messing with your bandwith something fierce.

As you wait for the contention ratio [1 gobsheen moderator to fifty laughing members] to fix itself, why don't you try a chill pill?. Or muse on the true meaning of Captialism, whatever that is.

I've been to some serious forums, real fora, [I went to PD Fora once, but that was a joke] and I've never seen banning threatened with such fluid rapidity. Sorry for "posting out of place" but hey, the conversation just took off. Apologies.

Alternatively you can go ahead and ban me. Woo-ha. Woo-ha. You remind me of a rather colourless chap from NUI Maynooth who once declined to undertake an explanation of the subject matter of his Comp Sci course, on the grounds that I wouldn't understand it anyways. Are you that chap? Cos from this side of my dialup, I get the feeling you is.

You'll say I'm off topic. The topic matey is that overly bureaucratic pricks with shag all in the line of courtesy or consideration are the reason that this site has come to exist in the first place. You continue that trend with your "bannings."

I bid thee good day, Sire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

• You are off topic, "9 megabits per second in Longford Town", has nothing to do with "is that overly bureaucratic pricks with shag all in the line of courtesy or consideration", and your posts belong in Politics or RipOff Ireland, but not here.
    • You were warned
    • I have BB, that I pay dearly for, and with a lower contention ratio
    • I've better things to be doing that cleaning up threads to keep them focussed on a topic that will be helpful to others at a later point
    • Nothing heavy-handed about that
    • I've nothing to do with Maynooth
    • You are banned for 1 month, PM me or Seamus to have it revoked from that point on, if you want that is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement