Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband wireless how????

• 04-01-2006 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Am getiing ntl bb in my house to use with my newlaptop,just wondering what kind of router would I need.Also where to get it,cheap as possible plzzz

any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ac00785

I would recommend Belkin 802.11g Wireless DSL/Cable Gateway Router Part # F5D7230uk4. You should be able to pick it up in PC World for around €80. I recommend it as I have NTL:300; Belkin Router; ATA Sipura 2100 for VoIP (Blueface) and also use Skype from my laptop. You will need a laptop Wireless Adapter if you do not have one in-built. Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Got connected up to NTL bb and I asked about a wireless router and I was told by the installers that I can ask for one from NTL if I need one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Weve been using a Linksys router from PC World since the day we got the NTL modem, never had a single problem, very easy to configure and very handy for any tinkering we wanted to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

brian2614 wrote:
    Am getiing ntl bb in my house to use with my newlaptop,just wondering what kind of router would I need.Also where to get it,cheap as possible plzzz

any help would be great
    Cheap, neat and easy to setup:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302509&cks=PRL
    Got one of these for my brother's NTL connection. Works like a dream. It's just a little bigger than a cigarette packet (though not as thick), so it keep everything super neat, particularly with the new small NTL:250 modem.

The only problem is that if you want to add wired devices to your network (VoIP hardware, servers, etc), you'll have to buy more hardware - this router only has one ethernet port; for the modem. It will take up to 15 wireless devices though, so you can add anything else so long as it's 802.11b/g/n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ebooborg

ask them for one, try to cut urself a deal ;)

they gave me FREE NETGEAR wirelles router, works like charm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Advertisement