Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip off Ireland

• 04-01-2006 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

How is it that any early Metallica album is 24 euro regardless of where you go.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cause Lars Ulrich wants to get his gold plated shark tank bar for beside his pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Eazzzy

I take it you are ticked off about the whole napster incident:v: :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Because Irish people still don't realise it's so much cheaper to buy cds from cduniverse.com, so HMV can put whatever price tag they want on it, those albums will always sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Eazzzy

musicuniverse.com interesting!!!!

no no no, sorry my comment was a quote from a south park episode that featured lars in it, quite funny as they were tackling the idea of downloading music makes lars sad as he can't afford a gold plated shark tank. :)

i agree with the doc, i haven't purchased a cd in ireland since about 6 months since the euro came in and i don't intend to until the prices are on par or reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

for some reasn i dont mind paying 20 for a quality cd. if its ****ty and i just want it for the band id go for the internet.

I do it every now and then myself, but you just can't beat cd's that the likes of HMV et al don't stock arriving at your door for, on average, about €12 each (including postage) :)

plus it's like revisiting christmas when you were a child, the excitement of having a parcel at home while you're at work/college is tense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I buy online a lot but I really like the physical part of record shopping. I can spend hours in Tower Records or Road Records. There's nothing like flipping through all the CDs and vinyl and finding that album that you must buy, even if you haven't got a clue who it is or what it sounds like. It just has something about it that you know it's made for you and you will love it. Or that feeling when you find something that you've been looking for for a long time. For example, today I found a Hafler Trio CD in Tower that is long out of print that I haven't been able to find online at all. Yes it was €20 for an 11 minute song but it was worth it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Hey Doc,
    ..you buy the new RUSH dvd R30 from cduniverse?...how much it set ya back bud?.I know its the deluxe version yu got ,,same as myself,,just curious :)

ciao' amigo..Baggio

• Advertisement

Cduniverse only had region 1 so I picked it up from Amazon.co.uk instead, came to about €29 instead of €36 I think I saw it for in HMV Grafton Street.

Advertisement