Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Zen Touch is invulnerable!-Durability thread

• 04-01-2006 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I know it may be outdated, bulky and tricky to use but my Zen Touch has totally redeemed itself with its durability.

It has taken several knocks, each sufficient to total an iPod and still works perfectly. My brother is now on his 3rd iPod even though he got his 1st one 3-4 months after I got my Zen.

I would like to hear of other people's experience in this regard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I have a zen sleek haven't let it drop yet but wicked player, my girlfriend got an ipod video and they are wicked aswell but itunes is a total waste of time, and its so slow compared to the zen software i got for my sleek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Pft, thats nothing! Ever heard the the one about the iRiver that got run over by a double decker bus!!! Now thats durability!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Don't know how many times I've dropped my iAudio X5L. I've been glad of the built-in shock protection and it's fat arse (bigger battery) on plenty of occasions ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Bard wrote:
    Don't know how many times I've dropped my iAudio X5L. I've been glad of the built-in shock protection and it's fat arse (bigger battery) on plenty of occasions ;)

I've one of these myself, it's only had a very small fall but how much can it take? I'd imagine it's fairly durable thanks to that metal case and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Bard wrote:

I managed to drop mine out of my jacket pocket while cycling...thanks to the Noreve case it is unmarked...and working :D You can't go wrong with a 'fat arse' X5L!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I have my Zen touch for almost 6 months now. I wanted to get a sleek at the time but I get the feeling that if I did I wouldnt have it now. Ive droped it at least 3 times and another time I put in the front puoch of my bag going to collage, through the bag down carlessly a couple of times and when I took it out the back was all dented but the player still works perfectly. Also the battery life on the touch makes up of the bulkyness IMO. I only have to charge it once a week when Im at collage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Pft, thats nothing! Ever heard the the one about the iRiver that got run over by a double decker bus!!! Now thats durability!

One more vote for Durable Zens.

But imagine owning a Bus and driving over a motorway made of iPods.... I wonder what that'd be like.

something to ponder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have my Zen touch for almost 6 months now. I wanted to get a sleek at the time but I get the feeling that if I did I wouldnt have it now. Ive droped it at least 3 times and another time I put in the front puoch of my bag going to collage, through the bag down carlessly a couple of times and when I took it out the back was all dented but the player still works perfectly. Also the battery life on the touch makes up of the bulkyness IMO. I only have to charge it once a week when Im at collage.

Yeah i do love the battery life on it, it would show one bar but jesus it lasts for ages.

As knocks and drops, about 5 hard drops and nothing other than a light scratch.

Sparky-s wrote:
    Yeah i do love the battery life on it, it would show one bar but jesus it lasts for ages.

As knocks and drops, about 5 hard drops and nothing other than a light scratch.

I charged my sleek the first time i got it and haven't had to charge it again since because it charges when i have it hooked up to the PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's hard to beat my Sony NWHD-1. Lovely metal casing has many scars from dropping it, standing on it etc but it works great. Harddrive disengages on impact to protect my lovely songs too, nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I know everybody gives IPODs a hard time, but I've had mine nigh on 3 years now - even has a monochrome screen, gasp. Never had a problem.
    Dropped it while cycling, dropped it on the road while running numerous times, had it in my pocket lugging around bricks etc on building sites, given it a fair auld beating while drunk and more besides.

Battery life could be better, but apart from that I've no complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I charged my sleek the first time i got it and haven't had to charge it again since because it charges when i have it hooked up to the PC
    thats true, i only noticed that when the player switched itself off, i seen the blue led flash :D

the ps2 comes in handy when the laptop isnt on ;)

Sparky-s wrote:
    thats true, i only noticed that when the player switched itself off, i seen the blue led flash :D

the ps2 comes in handy when the laptop isnt on ;)

I didn't even know the PS2 had USB slots :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

I didn't even know the PS2 had USB slots :eek:
    Yeah on the front but didnt know you could charge your Zen through it!!:eek: Thats brilliant. Have mine bout 6 months and its in mint condition and after a fair few knocks. Even has the the little plastic thing on the screen he he

My cousins on the other hand kept freezing again and again so she had to get a different.

Its heavy, big but the battery lfe and durability cant be beaten. Definatly my best buy.

Advertisement