Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blacktie wedding

• 04-01-2006 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi
    I am invited to a blacktie wedding and i was just wondering whether i should rent or buy a tux for the wedding. I have another blacktie do to go to in the summer so i was just wondering whether I would be better off buying. If i do buy where would i go and what price would I be looking at for the whole works.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I bought a tux before my debs,that was about 5 years ago and it was the best investment I've ever made. Got it in Marks and Sparks, best time to go in is early Sunday morning, really helpful and good price compared to other places. I've heard of 2nd hand Black Tie ones being cheaper, wouldn't be too mad on those myself, you never know what sort of bodily fluids had to be removed from them! :eek: :D

Edit- Sorry mate can't remember what I paid for it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

blacktie offered me to kep my one in perfect condition for approx the same as it cost to sent for one day...

deffo worth buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

I bought a tux before my debs,that was about 5 years ago and it was the best investment I've ever made. Got it in Marks and Sparks, best time to go in is early Sunday morning, really helpful and good price compared to other places. I've heard of 2nd hand Black Tie ones being cheaper, wouldn't be too mad on those myself, you never know what sort of bodily fluids had to be removed from them! :eek: :D

Edit- Sorry mate can't remember what I paid for it

Do marks and sparks sell the whole works i.e. jacket, trousers, waistcoat and bow-tie.

Also I am livin in waterford so does anyone know where the closest marks and sparks is. Is it in cork.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Zascar wrote:
    blacktie offered me to kep my one in perfect condition for approx the same as it cost to sent for one day...

deffo worth buying it

How much extra did it cost you to buy.
    Was the tux in good shape, and of good quality. Would you recommend blacktie ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

You should buy one if you have another one in the summer becuase you wont have to spend more money on renting another one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Marks and sparks is in cork its the nearist more than likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Do marks and sparks sell the whole works i.e. jacket, trousers, waistcoat and bow-tie.

Also I am livin in waterford so does anyone know where the closest marks and sparks is. Is it in cork.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Yep got the whole lot there, still as good as new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Dont want toi make a whole new thread of this question as its on a related topic... does anyone know where you can get really great top hats to wear with a tux. Got a college ball coming up and my *lady frrriend* and I are going just to take the piss out of it, have already got white gloves and a cain. Shes wearing huge red bosco cheeks, should be a laugh!

Anyway just wondering if the top hats are easy to get or you need to rent them or what?

Advertisement