Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resteraunts

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

arac wrote:
    ecos in douglas, the veg curry is fab..
    See above, thought we were talking about Ecos, ooppsys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ecos is up their own arse. My review of them is around here somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Cherub

currans is always good for a munch before heading out or something. cheap and nice, the flying enterprise at the bottom of barrack st is amazing. massive portions and really reasonable.

Greenes is good, so is issacs. I'm going to greenes for valentines day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

where's greene's?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Greene's is behind Isaac's,

Just back from Sunday lunch in the Oz-haven. It was the best meal I've had in or around Cork in a long while. Well recommended. Three courses for €26.95 but well worth it

• Advertisement

That's on my list! Easy to get to? Read the directions once and thought I may have had to leave an hour earlier for when I got lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a wee bit of a drive. Just drive to Kinsale, but turn off to the left where the estuary runs alongside the road. Oysterhaven is signposted as being about 7 miles. Drive along, following signs for oysterhaven, and after about 4-5 miles, you'll come to a 4-cross roads, where the restaurant is situated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

any recommendations for a lunch under a tenner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 waz

cafe mexicana Careys lane
    €8.50 for lunch main course.
    reasonable choice .... I was well impressed with the food and service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Fenn's Quay is really nice. One of their starters is black pudding with apple sauce... yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Cafe Mexicana = Yummy! Could do with maybe being a little spicier, but i've particularly spicy tastes. Nakon Thai in douglas is Delish as well.

Anyone know how the mediteranian restaurant across Patricks bridge is? And also hows the Tapas bar next to it?

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Anyone know how the mediteranian restaurant across Patricks bridge is?

It's not bad at all.
    And also hows the Tapas bar next to it?

Tiny tiny portions at extortionate prices. It's not really a tapas bar with such a poor selection. It's all cold too as far as I recall. A friend and myself went there before and after leaving went and ordered a pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I love Scoozis - the atmosphere is great and the food is grand. Their deserts are great!
    Also love Rossinis for the atmosphere, music and food and the hot waiters! If you don't like cramped spaces though don't go there! The tables are practically on top of each other and it's always packed.
    Bullies in Douglas is really nice as is Ecos.
    I like Roberts Cobh Inn too but it's a bit out of the way.

Advertisement