Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 40" Samsung

Options
  • 04-01-2006 10:43pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Am about 2 month odd away from buying a new TV, "my present" for all the work on the house!! :D

Ok so I am down to three TVs all Samsung, the differences are sutle enough
    LE-40R51B - 2039.00
    LE-40M51B - 2299
    LE-40M61B - 2649.00

Now as u can see there is a nice bit of euro difference but would u advice I pay the extra and get the top level for the 5000:1 ratio but to be honest I cannot see much more!!

Opinions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yop wrote:
    Lads,

Am about 2 month odd away from buying a new TV, "my present" for all the work on the house!! :D

LE-40R51B - 2039.00
    LE-40M51B - 2299
    LE-40M61B - 2649.00

Now as u can see there is a nice bit of euro difference but would u advice I pay the extra and get the top level for the 5000:1 ratio but to be honest I cannot see much more!!

Opinions appreciated

Go for the LE-40M51B because thats the same spec as the M61 series.
    That 5,000:1 contrast ratio is Dynamic, so its not real, whay pay more for just an extra 2000:1

Plus i think the bit of silver at the base looks better than an all black colour.

For the sake of a saving of 400 quid go for the LE-40M51B

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Hi yop - you might find this thread interesting.

Its a UK based AV forum & in this very thread people are asking about & making comments about some of the Samsung models you mention.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266891&page=44

Hope this helps you,

regds,

bonoman66

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Excellent lad, I have been on that site before but never spotted that thread! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

yop wrote:
    LE-40R51B - 2039.00
    LE-40M51B - 2299
    LE-40M61B - 2649.00

Opinions appreciated

Where are you seeing the LE40M61B for that price?! Any chance of a linky?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sorry lad forgot the link!!

http://www.katronics.de/index.php search for LE-40M61B

• Advertisement

I know its probably been posted before, but these guys are reliable right?

Currently waiting on komplett to get the 40M61B back in stock and they still have December 30th as the shipping date!!

I assume tax is not an issue and they are reliable when it comes to shipping?

From what I have gathered on here and AVforumns they seem to be fine.

How much are Komplett getting u the TV for?

Have u seen one in action and were u impressed with it?

I cant for the life of me find anywhere in Dublin with it on display. All they seem to have are the LE-40M51B's.

Im probably like a lot of people, interested in getting a particular type of LCD monitor, but after researching it more, found better ones on the market. I was going to get the Sony Bravia 40" V series, but after checking out AV Forums I decided against it.

I think the reason I settled on the LE-40M61B was just from the different reviews on Av Forums. How people seem to have been in the same position as myself, but when they saw the LE-40M61B in action, it changed their mind. I really dont like the silver frame on the LE-40M51B and the fact that the LE-40M61B got the EISA award was the clencher!

Komplett were willing to ship it for €3,009, so when I saw the price you listed earlier I was intrigued! When I decided on my tv, I went to order it from Komplett, but someone got the last 1 and Ive been waiting since Dec 20th for it to come back in stock. Think I might just cancel my order and look into using katronics.

Sent an email to komplett again yesterday asking about stock delivery and got this reply this morning:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

According to our purchaser, you should cancel your order.
    We will receive stock in approx 10 days, but the price will drop severely:)

Hope this helps.

Best regards
    Komplett

Think I'll wait and see what price its gonna be in a couple of weeks!!

Would u think that they would match the price?

• Advertisement

Heres hoping, it seems to have already dropped by 100 since I ordered it.

Advertisement