Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One night stands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Sorry, I'm feeling cranky from the flu anyway, but Barbie Girl, please stop using annoying text speak!

It's SO irritating to read, & tbh (but no offence intended) it's not doing your perceived intelligence or maturity any favours!

There's no limit on the amount of characters you can type here, so be greedy & type the words properly!!!

CrankyBabe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

Barbie.....

I know myself when i go out on the weekends i do look for a girl that may be girlfriend material. I have the odd one night stands, but when i do ask for there number they always say there only interested in sex and nothing else. What can i do, i do get the odd number but nothing every happens. When i go out i always hop to find that girl, which could be girlfriend material, but it never happens. The best thing is that if you go out and meet a boy, dont always let him pressure you into sex especially if you like him, the best thing to do is get his number and give him yours and ask him to give you a ring in a couple of days.

I would be more then happen to go out on a blind-date with you anytime
    Just drop mgs lol...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

Many men like gaming strange women, many women are gullible(lots) and or like gaming strange men...put them together and you get one night stands..simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭alfa147

I have the odd one night stands, but when i do ask for there number they always say there only interested in sex and nothing else. What can i do, i do get the odd number but nothing every happens.

em Roy 16 i really don't believe what u just said there.. in all my years of the game ive never once heard a girl say that.. maybe afterwards yes but not straight away and ive met some freaky girls in my time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Does anyone ever get sick of the game though? Anyone ever sick of the 'who text last' and 'no double texting' and so many rings before you can answer.....

Im beggining to get sick of it and im only 20!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

Sarah** wrote:
    Does anyone ever get sick of the game though? Anyone ever sick of the 'who text last' and 'no double texting' and so many rings before you can answer.....

yes everyone does..what ya do is spend a year or so with someone..get bored spilt go back in the game get hooked with someone and the cycle begins again until you settle with someone end up fat and watch tv...thats life take a facking number and get in line with the rest of us

True....but then we start the whole finding someone to settle with for the year!! haha!! god its a viscious(sp) circle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sarah** wrote:

Yeah, it is an absolute pain! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭alfa147

well i get sick of it but the day will come when i won't be chating to young firm 20 yr olds in nightclubs and my kids will be kicking me in the nuts..

ur young anyway.. uve got another few years of guys making u feel like sh*t. u'll learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

It's true that most guys (well, the ones I know anyway, and I'm a guy) are just out for an easy lay.. I'd well prefer a girlfriend to an easy slut.. I don't totally understand the whole one night thing, I see it as kinda immature.

There's loads of bull**** stuff, like Sarah said with no double texting, and who goes first and last etc.. When people make decisions on that side of things, no wonder good relationships are hard to come by!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

@ the corinthian,
    I just want a girl who hasnt been around the block. Thats all. My body is not to be shared easily (experiences in life have lead me to think this way), and I expect my gfs to be the same. I tie sex with emotion (as my gf does), so I would never do a one nighter. Much like a D4 girl probably wont date a junkie skanger.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Kersh wrote:
    My body is not to be shared easily (experiences in life have lead me to think this way), and I expect my gfs to be the same. I tie sex with emotion (as my gf does), so I would never do a one nighter.

I agree 100%
    I haven't indulged in one night stands myself, but I realise that I am probably in a minority on that score.
    I am not going to judge those who do indulge, but personally, its not for me, and not for my Boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Barbie,. I don't mean to be thoughtless here now but why do you really think that none of these guys want to know you after they've had their bit???? it's been said numerous times on this thread ... GUYS LOVE THE CHASE .... & if you're going to give them what they want at the drop of a hat then why is he going to come back for seconds????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Kersh wrote:
    I just want a girl who hasnt been around the block. Thats all.
    No, that’s not all. You could equally argue that you want a girl who is not black and “that’s all” too.

Either you follow an unsubstantiated prejudice or you have good reason for your choice and TBH, you’ve not given any real reason outside of principle. Which kind of brings us back at square one, really.
    Much like a D4 girl probably wont date a junkie skanger.....
    A D4 girl (whatever that means anymore) or anyone else might not want to do a drug addict - there are practical reasons for that.

However, if you’re comparing yourself to someone who will not have a relationship with someone else based upon social class or similar bigotry, then I think you’ve probably got a lot of growing up to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

I take it you're meeting guys in bars/clubs, what do you expect! There's your answer.

Guys are the same, when I lived in Ireland, I found it impossible to meet girls outside pubs/bars. Clubs and classes help though!

Off the point. What in the name of god happened to the English language?

"cause dats de only type of bloke I can get"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

nitrogen wrote:
    I take it you're meeting guys in bars/clubs, what do you expect! There's your answer.

Guys are the same, when I lived in Ireland, I found it impossible to meet girls outside pubs/bars. Clubs and classes help though!

Off the point. What in the name of god happened to the English language?

"cause dats de only type of bloke I can get"

''Blame it on the text'' :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

Hey Barbie, Thats sounds sh*tty but don't worry not all guys are like that, you have to find a guy thats willing to be friends first, If he's not and wants to jump straight into bed. Just brush him off... Trust me, if you're patient you'll get the guy your looking for...

@ the corinthian - its up to me who I like, without having to justify it to anyone. I might prefer black girls over white, or vice versa, I may prefer low mileage girls to sluts, it really is up to me ( like I said, they are my own private justifications based on my life experience up til now), my body is not shared easily, and I expect my gfs to think the same. Its no different than 'I work hard, I expect my employees to be the same' - if they dont like it I wont employ/go out with them as the case may be....
    Funny alot of girls i know agree with me that they tie sex with emotion. I doubt many lads do though. studs that they are :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Kersh wrote:
    Funny alot of girls i know agree with me that they tie sex with emotion. I doubt many lads do though. studs that they are :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One night stand are good :) , but sex when in a loving relationship is so much better. ;):p

And i'm a guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Sorry girls but "anything worth having doesn't come easy":(
    Barbie you came easy:p well hope you did; then your night wasn't a complete loss.
    Most men for there own reason don't want to think of there girlfriend as a slut. I don't anyway. Part of this is historical thought, part misguided conceptions about "that kind of girl" but whatever it is its there:mad: everyone knows its there so there's no point giving out about it. Its the same as the boy-gigallalo, woman slut story. It'll just take time for it to disappear. In 30 years it won't be an issue, 30 years ago barbie girl would be slaughtered for her comment. So we don't have it to bad eh:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Kersh wrote:
    @ the corinthian - its up to me who I like, without having to justify it to anyone.
    Its up to you who you like, without having to justify it to anyone - how you live your life is your own beeswax - but only until you start advising others how to live theirs.

The moment you start recommending a choice to others is when you are expected to justify it. If you don’t like that, keep your opinions to yourself.
    No one is disagreeing that there is a tie with sex and emotion, what people are disagreeing with is that there’s nothing else to it. As Woody Allen put it, “sex without love is an empty experience, but as far as empty experiences go it’s one of the best”.

Now you may see it differently - which is entirely your own business - but if you’re going to recommend the same to others, be prepared to be challenged on what appear to be pretty ill thought out and misogynistic prejudices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Sarah** wrote:

only about 5-10 more years of it dont worry :rolleyes:
    ah its our own fault though, if everyone could express their feelings straight up and not hide them from the other sex it would make things easier and we wouldnt have the problem should we text them?! :confused:

I dont agree corinthian, at all. She asked a question, I gave her my opinion. I told why, thats about it really. As most others are expressing their opinion too, like Jesper. Unfortunately the stigma is there that girls are sluts if they put out easy. Sure look, some guys on here are boasting about getting easy lays - now imagine Barbie had said that....

I agree with Ya kersh the thread is here to solve Barbie's problems and she asked specifically for male opinions. If we all though our opionion would be scrutinised few would be posting. Nothing changes overnight and its stupid to give out about social issues since nothing can be changed here. Social issues are changes over generations and its just up to us all to confer to others what we belive to be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Its up to you who you like, without having to justify it to anyone - how you live your life is your own beeswax - but only until you start advising others how to live theirs.

The moment you start recommending a choice to others is when you are expected to justify it. If you don’t like that, keep your opinions to yourself.

No one is disagreeing that there is a tie with sex and emotion, what people are disagreeing with is that there’s nothing else to it. As Woody Allen put it, “sex without love is an empty experience, but as far as empty experiences go it’s one of the best”.

Now you may see it differently - which is entirely your own business - but if you’re going to recommend the same to others, be prepared to be challenged on what appear to be pretty ill thought out and misogynistic prejudices.

Surely his state of mind and preference for a particular type of person is of no concern to you TC? Whether the person be male/female black/brown chaste/unchaste is his call. And it's his right to specify and put forward what he's happy with on a forum.

Do we all have to qualify what and who we like to you?

only about 5-10 more years of it dont worry :rolleyes:
    ah its our own fault though, if everyone could express their feelings straight up and not hide them from the other sex it would make things easier and we wouldnt have the problem should we text them?! :confused:

5 to 10 more years.....sorry i dont think so!! As far as things go with the guys i choose i prefer to be honest but then when you sit with the girls for coffee they advise the play hard to get and then dont text because you text last malarky!!

Seriously no more!! My head is done in!! so from now on im changing my ways!!

To all girls if we all refrain from the one night stands then maybe we wont be complaining how we get treated like sh1t!! Or why havent they called!

I used to be of the opinion its worth waiting for....then i got out of a two year relationship and threw myself into the 'game' now i wish i never had!!

Well girls take the guys advice here and get in a taxi to your house ALONE after a night out!! and give them the number!! If he's worth it he'll call!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

There have been some really good posts (Iago and Corinthuim) and some pretty crap ones. But to the OP I would agree that there are a large proportion of guys looking for one night stands, and it is interesting to note that the posters here who state that girls who have sex on the first night are sluts, also state that this is the way things are, a guy can **** around and be a stud, but a girl is a slut. What annoys me the most is that if your in a nightclub you get talking to a guy, he asks to come home with you, the woman has to say no several times (which is annoying in itself) but if she dares give in, then she is the slut. Nothing is said about the man's double standards and use of manipulation to get the woman into bed. At the same time, these male posters state they cannot change the way society views sluttish women, that is the way things are. How convenient? I would say this 'particular rule' suits them. I believe people have one night stands for a lot of reasons, it could be lust, loneliness, the fact that they are sexually desired, an ego boost or a sexual addiction. A person who may have had a one night stand in the past, may have decided that this kind of activity is no longer for them. Do you judge a person by their past? Or by who they are at that given time.

Sarah - As for rules re: dating, one night stands, etc, I have realised they are a load of crap, because the minute you apply a rule to a situation with another person, it has a tendency to bite you on the ass. I say **** the rules, if you like a guy, tell him. If you want to text him, text him, if he is frightened off by that then he is not worth bothering about, and my forwardness has put a lot of guys off, but I shrug it off because I am being true to myself, I have some mental peace about it all now, and I am dealing with meeting people on my terms. Another poster mentioned women's crappy magazines, I totally agree, it is time that women ditched all those rules about men, how to keep a man, etc and fill our heads with other stuff, there is so much interesting stuff and knowledge out there to learn. We place far too much importance on men and relationships, and in a sense we tend to objectify men and place relationships as the holy grail. Why don't us women just be friends with men, treat them as people and expect to be treated a person in return, not as sexual objects, but people who have a laugh, a banter, arguement and plain good fun, if love, romance or a beautiful sex session/sessions occur as well, then enjoy that experience as it is, a nice experience.

God thanks guys, i was beginning to think I insulted his family or something. Or that I was a weirdo for wanting a wholesome girl, and not just some stupid slapper who bed hops.
    To the OP - your man will show up in the least expected place, ya gotta keep your eyes open, and like many have said here, dont put out on the first night, as you can see you will be just a trophy shag.... ' well i shagged 42 burds last year, and me mate shagged 31....' trophy shags is all you will be.

McGinty wrote:
    There have been some really good posts (Iago and Corinthuim) and some pretty crap ones. But to the OP I would agree that there are a large proportion of guys looking for one night stands, and it is interesting to note that the posters here who state that girls who have sex on the first night are sluts, also state that this is the way things are, a guy can **** around and be a stud, but a girl is a slut. What annoys me the most is that if your in a nightclub you get talking to a guy, he asks to come home with you, the woman has to say no several times (which is annoying in itself) but if she dares give in, then she is the slut. Nothing is said about the man's double standards and use of manipulation to get the woman into bed. At the same time, these male posters state they cannot change the way society views sluttish women, that is the way things are. How convenient? .
    I agree completly as I said its wrong but its changing fast. I for one am delighted by the fact I'm a guy when it comes to going out and pulling. And I look forward to the time there is comlete equallity betweent he sexes on opinions and such. Its not here yet. but unlike Bus Eireann it might actually get there.:)
    But Kersh please don't refer to women as "wholesome" (as I shudder writhing the word)

Hahah, how is 'modern'.... :) or just plain 'nice'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

ravenhead wrote:
    GUYS LOVE THE CHASE ....

Who's pedalling this line? No we freakin don't. Not when we're out for a one night thing anyway. Most guys that go looking for an easy lay usually just get langers and molest te nearest girl, or they just hang about until some lady swans past and gives them the eye then it's all on. To say there's any "chase" is mis leading.

Now if we're looking for a longer term thing, yeah a bit of a chase is grand, but women don't seem to realise there's a "chase-threshold", beyond which we get bored and just stop chasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Yeah, like if they decide to play "hard to get" then fúck em as far as i'm concerned. Don't have time for stupid games. You either like me or you don't, make up your mind bitch!
    BTW I'm not talkin about waiting to have sex, thats another story.

chump wrote:
    Surely his state of mind and preference for a particular type of person is of no concern to you TC? Whether the person be male/female black/brown chaste/unchaste is his call. And it's his right to specify and put forward what he's happy with on a forum.
    Have IQ's dropped drastically all of a sudden?

I've already said (and you quoted it) that his prefrences are his own business - until he decides to pontificate them upon others. Then it is still his right to specify and put forward what he's happy with on a forum, but it is no longer simply his business then.

You can't have it both ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Kersh wrote:
    God thanks guys, i was beginning to think I insulted his family or something. Or that I was a weirdo for wanting a wholesome girl, and not just some stupid slapper who bed hops.
    Weirdo? No not at all Kersh :) You're just a bigoted, misogynistic nincompoop; no you're not a weirdo Kersh - sure look at all those.........people who agree with you. Vindicating their axiomatic cognomen "the unwashed masses"
    Kersh wrote:
    To the OP - your man will show up in the least expected place, ya gotta keep your eyes open, and like many have said here, dont put out on the first night, as you can see you will be just a trophy shag.... ' well i shagged 42 burds last year, and me mate shagged 31....' trophy shags is all you will be.
    Spouting bromidic platitudes all the while; can anyone neglect to acquiesce to such tepid discourse?
    Have IQ's dropped drastically all of a sudden?
    To be more categorical it appears English reading comprehension has lamentably suffered a precipitous atrophy.
    If I might suggest a different perspective from this “girls who sleep on a first date are sluts” idiocy - the reality is quite possibly that you were scoring outside of your league.
    Verily.
    It is easier for the world to accept a simple lie than a complex truth - Alexis de Tocqueville

Ye your dead right ^^^^ So is the corinthian. So much for giving your opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

daRobot wrote:
    >Barbie

Two things about one-night stands and guys.

*If a girl rides you after a few hours of meeting you, you're bloody happy about it but you know in the back of your mind that if you do end up going out with her and she's out with her mates on the piss, it's not gonna take a lot of effort for another bloke to get her in the sack.

*Loads of guys will shag girls on a one night stand that they'd never go near for a relationship.Basically, they fancy them enough on the night after a few, but not enough for a repeat performance and deffo not enough for a relationship.

Best way,ideally, is to hold out and give them your number and wait till the first or second 'date'. But when you're pissed and horny, all plans tend to go out the window :p

yep.. that 100% sums it up in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

100gSoma wrote:
    yep.. that 100% sums it up in my view.

Then your view is immature, uninformed and above all ridiculous imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Sarah** wrote:
    How can they say girls have no respect for themselves if they sleep with them on the first night.....In all honesty when have you ever heard a guy say look im really sorry but id prefer we wait till the 2nd or 3rd time we meet up.....hmm NEVER!! so where is the fellas respect for themselves and the bird??

Ive actually done that in the past. Not every guy out there is out to get into your knickers within hours of meeting you.

Kersh wrote:
    So much for giving your opinions.
    Stop whining and try to be a little bit more mature. If you give an opinion, be sure you can back it up because no one is going to simply take your word for it. Otherwise you’re welcome to keep those opinions to yourself where they’ll never be challenged.

Whinging how that all the nasty posters are oppressing your rights now is not doing your credibility any good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Kersh wrote:
    the stigma is there that girls are sluts if they put out easy.

I'm interested to know what your opinion is on men who 'put out easy'?

Slimy fvckers..... and in no way are they any better.
    @ corinthian - are you blind - I said I have my reasons... private ones that wont be shared here, ok. Not everyone on boards has to justify every little answer with details. OK. Like i said - IMO IMO IMO...... based on my life so far - I dont respect girls who put out easy, nor do i respect fellas who do it too. What are you reasons, for your opinions, share them with us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Kersh wrote:
    Slimy fvckers..... and in no way are they any better.

so, you're saying that if a cute girl offered it to you on a plate, you'd turn her down on the grounds that you'd be a slimy fuker?

based on my life so far.

can I ask how old you are btw?

Have done before, i dont rate my success in life on how many girls i shagged tbh. I told her to have more respect for herself. The reason i turned her down is cos i dont do sex for sex sake with girls i hardly know.
    I dont drink either - this might have something to do with it too. Cos im coherent and know what im doing unlike most girls ive been approached by.

Kersh wrote:
    corinthian - are you blind - I said I have my reasons... private ones that wont be shared here, ok. Not everyone on boards has to justify every little answer with details. OK. Like i said - IMO IMO IMO......
    You have your reasons only because you claim to have them as far as we know. Which is fine if you’re the only one following your opinion, but if you expect others to do so (what do you think advising others is?) then you can’t expect anyone to simply take your word for it.

After all, your reasons may be opinionated rubbish - but barbie girl wouldn’t know that - you’ve just stated your opinion and suggested she agree with it.

So, as I’ve already said, you’re welcome to keep your reasoning private, but don’t expect anyone to take your opinion seriously then. Neither should you think that your opinions are in some way sacrosanct - that you have free reign to spout out any crap and expect people to respect you for it. If you lack the maturity to test your own ideas, you should not put them in a public arena in the first place.
    What are you reasons, for your opinions, share them with us.
    I’ve already shared them and given my reasoning backing them up. If you don’t like them or feel my reasoning is flawed then feel free to disagree with the reasons I gave, logically stating why.

Sorry for you corinthian, but i still dont agree with your reasons at all. She asked for advice on fellas thinking - i told her what i thought, as many others did, and thats how most posts in pi go, or do you only pick out certain posts to question cos you have nothing better to do. On the 1st 2 pages of this thread there are many unsubstantiated remarks made by many, so I still dont see why my life so far should be discussed beyond what i have said, when other posters opinion dont come under such scrutiny. Anybody on boards could be saying anything at all.. even you, cos there is no way to check someones statements, so the op would do well to take peoples comments with a pinch of salt....

• Advertisement

Kersh wrote:
    Sorry for you corinthian, but i still dont agree with your reasons at all.
    I think you’ve yet to grasp this concept known as ‘reasonable discussion’. If you disagree; logically state why (as I’ve suggested), otherwise you’re simply disagreeing ‘because’...
    She asked for advice on fellas thinking - i told her what i thought, as many others did, and thats how most posts in pi go, or do you only pick out certain posts to question cos you have nothing better to do.
    No, I generally pick out the most idiotic opinions to hold up to scrutiny. I find that it’s a lot easier to do that than challenging someone who’s actually worked things out things for themselves in a mature and rational manner.
    I still dont see why my life so far should be discussed beyond what i have said, when other posters opinion dont come under such scrutiny.
    The same applies to them, I just happened to pick on you. Get over it.
    Anybody on boards could be saying anything at all.. even you, cos there is no way to check someones statements, so the op would do well to take peoples comments with a pinch of salt....
    Actually you can check people’s statements by holding them up to scrutiny - both their sources and their logic. Of course if they don’t feel comfortable revealing your sources or logic then you’d be right. Which is why it’s important that someone does demand that you do so as to remind people that they should precisely be suspicious of the advice that is given out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 skinner75

Woah, looks like someone found an online thesaurus! ;)
    Weirdo? No not at all Kersh :) You're just a bigoted, misogynistic nincompoop; no you're not a weirdo Kersh - sure look at all those.........people who agree with you. Vindicating their axiomatic cognomen "the unwashed masses"Spouting bromidic platitudes all the while; can anyone neglect to acquiesce to such tepid discourse?To be more categorical it appears English reading comprehension has lamentably suffered a precipitous atrophy.Verily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Iago wrote:
    Then your view is immature, uninformed and above all ridiculous imho.

well, we all have our opinions today :rolleyes: good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Have to agree with TheCorinthian, and Beruthiel on this one Kersh. We're all fully entitled to our opinions, but yours' sound fairly one-sided. Personally I don't understand a lot of the way people behave in some respects, but I still enjoy a casual one-night fling, and I don't feel that in any way makes me a slimy ****er.

......now using my webcam to record it...that would make me a slimy ****er :cool: <- see i even have the shades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Sarah** wrote:

Then why do you play 'the game'? Noone ever told me of these rules, where did you hear them? Who are you giving the authority to rule your love/sex life?

• Advertisement
Advertisement