Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yu-Gi-Oh

Options
  • 04-01-2006 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

Hey anyone here play yugioh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

Yep i do, quite good at it aswell
    do you go to tornaments?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Yu-Gi-OhExpert

I run tournaments in Waterford.
    If anyone want iformation stae it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I have friends who are really into Yu-Gi-Oh and have played tournaments and stuff. It looks kinda complicated, but I guess if young children can do it, anyone can.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It is VERY complicated, it's not too complicated if you just want the basics of how to play but once you start getting to individual card interactions it can give you quite a headache. I'm one of the active TOs for Dublin, Jim's Brophy is the main one (main one for the entire country actually), I just run small tournaments of people I know and the few others who hear about them through word of mouth (more the merrier!).
    Might as well post that Jim is running a tournament in the Regency Hotel, Dublin, this Sunday, 11a.m. registration, 12a.m. start, €10 entry, for anyone who'd be interested but doesn't already know.

farohar whats your name and are you going to the tournament on sunday?

They game is a fair bit harder then the basic, you need to learn the steps of priority and such.

• Advertisement

Probably will be going, took the Xmas holidays off Yu-gi-oh so I wasn't at the last tournament, yet to decide what deck to run, may have to spend some time on Friday/Saturday tinkering with Deck Studio to decide what I feel like running. Could just run whatever it was that I ran the last day but I try not to run the same deck twice in a row, helps keep things interesting. ;)
    The steps of priority?:confused: :eek: lol ->The holy grail in rulings as neither Konami or UDE will get off their collective asses to actually give us a proper detail on priority, all we have is the occasional insight from the Judge-list (and some of us get the odd extra tidbit from Lv 3 judges we know in forums as they have access to an even more detailed forum for rulings and are the first to be told anything by Kevin and Dan).

True True, But whats your name mate?

Doubt you know me by name since I don't really know any of the younger senior players crowd (sub 16-17), I used to sell boosters, boxes, rare cards, tins etc... at the tournaments, now only sell at the tournaments I run after Jim threatened to stop running tournaments as he wasn't earning enough from the shop because I sold stuff cheaper.

i know you, we used to have loads of duels, you have the deadly ass ring, and the invader zim doll

we played against each other in the sealed pack elemental energy

is it..... niall brennan

Yep, trying to remember the people I dueled that day... but can only remember 3 of them, none of whom I'd guess to be 14...

• Advertisement

to be honest no one thinks i'm 14, i look about 17
    btw i won the sealed pack that day

Stephen Lynams the name

Remember you alright, think we've only duelled at two other times though (no loads), once back when you were running Chaos and then at the last Regency one where you were running Gravekeeper. Didn't think you were 14 alright, you're but a wee young-un so. :p

i;ll show you wee young-un

chaos and gravekeeper, two i have conquered, next..... Soul Control....

so if i see you on sunday i will give you a shout, btw do you have any cards that you are selling that you can sell to me outside the tournament

like D.D. Assailant, Cyber Dragon, Widespread Ruin or whatever?

I'm 22, hence to me you are a young-un.

Have some D.D. Assailants and BEUD I just got in, will be selling them at my next tournament (probably next weekend 14th/15th assuming Jim's not running anything in Dublin, also depends on if exams are on in DCU since I tend to run them in DCU and most of my players are DCUers).
    Cyber Dragons - nope, still have Cyber Rev packs though, think it was €2.50 per pk, might have been €3, definitely not higher than that though, if I check what I was charging per box I'll know pretty quickly (I give only a slight saving by buying a box vs. 24 individual packs since I sell them so cheap anyway). Widespread Ruin I don't know if I have any spare, I'd need to check the books.

how D.D. Assailants, how much

can you bring one if i can afford to the regency please..........

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The only thing this has in common with anime is the Japanese premise. Moved to Games (if there's a CCG(is that the right term?) section it's well hidden :v:)

how D.D. Assailants, how much

can you bring one if i can afford to the regency please..........
    €18, I promised Jim I wouldn't sell at his tournaments any more so you'd have to either come along to one of my tournaments in person or get someone else who'll be going to pick one up for you.

is there no chance you can sell it to me after it as in not at it cos i really am in dire need of one, just once mate.

The problem is if I do it for you I'll have to do it for others, then I'll be right back to Jim complaining that he's not making enough from the tournaments and will have to stop running them.

What kind of a crowd does Jim get at his tournaments now?

He used to run tournamnets in waterford and he stopped-Becasue of the small numbers as far as I know.
    I am now running them with another guy.

if anyone wants any info on tournaments in waterford/south east you can leave your phone no. or conatact me on this site.

Our website:
    www.yu-gi-ohuniverse.tk

• Advertisement

Think he tends to get ~ 35 - 60 players, including juniors.

ah no a bit more then that..... i would have said 50 - 80

He gets a fairly decent crowd alright...

Well in the last few Royal Dublins he got:
    11/12/05 - 35 Senior, 7 Junior = 42
    13/11/05 - 36 Senior, 7 Junior = 43
    23/10/05 - 55 Senior, 19 Junior = 74 (This was a regional)

In the Regency:
    27/11/05 - 33 Senior, no junior report.
    06/11/05 - 34 Senior, 32 junior, 10 Sneak Peek players = 76 (for his other sealed pack tournaments they are usually run after the main so you get players who entered the main entering these too, hence I didn't count these elsewhere)
    25/09/05 - 38 Senior, 11 junior = 49

The Square Tallaght:
    09/10/05 - 50 players (Pharaoh Challenge Tour)

So overall an average of ~52 players per tournament, since the junior tournament on the 27/11/05 wasn't reported we can assume this would add ~11-32, so this would up the average to between 54 and 57 players per tournament.

Thats not a bad number at sll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

I have a friend who has about 1000 cards he is very good and he has four pieces of exodia.The only thing is that he does not enter tournments

you should tell him to come along to one, would be happy to show em around, could post a list of them here if you like and you could forward them

thought it was so much more niall........... i loved that sealed pack tourney, first ever win of any tourney

Whats the duelist standered in bdublin-how good in general are the players?

well, i would say that we have alot of the best discovered players in ireland, although there are quite a few exceptions

• Advertisement

Broad spectrum of player levels would be all I could really give as an answer to that as there is a reasonable steady flow of new players and then some of the more experienced ones give up for whatever reason. Then obviously within the experienced players there's a spread too, I'd only be about average, but others like Kinsella would be very good players. Internationally they mightn't perform as well but the reason for that is quite simply that Ireland is an extreme form of a meta, in that there is very little variation in decks at any tournament (not planning to go to Jim's one this weekend as I'm just getting bored of playing fundamentally the same decks over and over, the only variation tends to be something like a FTK deck (e.g. Last Turn), where the entire thing is about luck not skill and so each match you either win or you don't. At least in casual duels you get some crazy decks which you've never played against before, and obviously I try out some crazy decks too.).
    The sooner the new banned list comes the better, hopefully really shake things up (probably only last a few weeks before everyone's running the same decks as each other again though), roll on April...

Advertisement