Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

V3x or Nokia 6280?

• 04-01-2006 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

I'm looking for a new phone and think it's down to the V3x or Nokia 6280,
    and going with 3 as I believe texting has been sorted and roaming is improved.

According to CPW booklet the 6280 starts from free on 3 from mid January.
    Anyone know about it or thoughts, recommendations..?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

get the 6280. its good. the others a motorola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I had a play with a 6280 in the UK and I found it a bit fiddly to be honest.

Plus you stick a dirty great thumb print on the screen every time you open the slider and that p1ssed me off...

Function-wise it was good but I still went for the V3X in the end (plus it was available already :o ).

Depends what you want it for I guess, but on form factor alone I reversed my nokia bias, which I was reluctant to do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

V3x is still a handful - its nearly as bulky as a 6630 when its folded down. I'd go with the 6680.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

get the v3x its easy to use and has all the functions you want and dont mind what the others say its a very good looking phone not bulky at all
    good choice going with 3 by the way there fair good
    what package are you going with by the way? im on the talk and text 200 for €25 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone.
    It's quite evenly split & I suppose it comes to to preference when I actually see the 6280.
    I've always had a Nokia but my wife has a V3 and I quite like the interface. Or the N80 if 3 do it?
    At least nobody said to avoid 3 because they were still plagued with issues...

• Advertisement

I got the V3x last week but I don't particularly like it. 3G reception doesn't seem as strong as the 6680 in these parts. The battery life has also been poor for me so far, only about one day.

That's the last Motorola I'm getting anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Karsini wrote:
    That's the last Motorola I'm getting anyway.

yay another convert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I got the V3X for 3 approx 2 weeks ago. I'm a die-hard nokia fan but said I would give it a chance.... Not impressed. Too bulky, terrible predictive text software and IMHO poor menu setup. I contacted 3 and am returning the handset. Customer Care are unable to confirm the release of the 6280 at this time even though it is being advertised on CPW magazine. Am looking to get this handset on release. If anyone can confirm a release date for that handset on 3????

End of the month I believe.

The 6280 was meant to be out in late December but was delayed - so by then it was already printed in the Carphone magazine for January......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I rang Carphone Warehouse's free phone number on Friday and the guy told me that the 6280 came out 3 days before that on 3 and that every store would have at least 4 handsets. So off I went to the nearest Carphone Warehouse yesterday where I was told they didn't have it in yet and didn't know when they'd be getting it.

I rang the free phone number again today and was told quite abruptly that they don't have it, it's not out yet and don't know when they will have it.

Quite annoying!

• Advertisement

Also rang 3 today to ask about the 6280. The guy said as far as he knew there were no plans to release it. I told him about the carphone warehouse ads and then he said that maybe they just hadn't told been informed of its release yet.

Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The people in 3 are in Scotland so prob don't know that much about things. I doubt it just won't be coming out.

That explains the Scottish accent!

Hopefully we'll see it sooner rather than later.

End of Jan/beginning of Feb.

3 have it over in the UK already....

3's email response:

Thank you for your email.

At the moment I am unable to advise if or when the Nokia 6280 will be
    released. All handset releases are announced firstly on our website so I
    would advise you check back regularly.

I hope this has answered your question, if you have any further
    questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Advertisement