Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants grants and grants (again)

Options
  • 05-01-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm just after finishing my leaving cert last year and I have been accepted to go to U.W.I.C. in Cardiff ( one year deferral ) I was looking here
    to find some information about recieving a grant to help pay for the fees. My guidance councillor tried to explain it to me but he was really vague/crap ( "You get some forms and then you send them off and in a while they get back to you," ) I just wanted to know if anyone here could set me on the right path. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Try the

Sticky: Useful Links Re: College, Grants, Loans and getting on well in College

At the top of the page. The first link is where you need to apply for stufy in the UK. you apply to the EU for support.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

thanks for that lump i'm gonna print ou the form tomorrow. As regards what I'm actually entitled to get, were would I find information. I mean I'm applying to the uk for grant.. can I get something from the irish government ( Just want to get everything I can tbh )

AFAIK you can't get it from the Irish Government. They won't pay for you to study outside the country.

John

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

You can get a normal grant, that they let you take away with you, if you qualifiy for it.

My mate goes to Queens in Belfast and went through UCAS and gets her CO.Co grant.

Yes, but AFAIK the rules are slightly different because that's in the North.

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

It could be, but I think they treat it all the same when it's the UCAS, regardless of where you go.

I've another mate doing teaching somwhere in England, and I know she did get some sort of grant. Though.. it could be less. I don't know. But at least you definitely get something.

Yes, from the EU.

John

I meant... some sort of grant from the Irish Government.

I'm just trying to be helpful John.

Advertisement