Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find a grave?

Options
  • 05-01-2006 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how I would go about locating some graves in Mount Jerome cemetery? As far as I know there are no headstones on the graves but I would imagine there is a register somewhere that will have the plot details. Would I have to ring Mount Jerome directly to find out do you think?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

ill find this out for ya. my step father is in the business and when he comes in from work ill get you a number or something,he's often asked this now and again. also the more info you have about the burial the better, i.e. name, surname, nee(womans maiden name), dob, place of birth, date of death, place of death...

so you need to ring mt jerome on 01 4971269 and tell them the name and date of death and they should be able to find it on the records. if you dont know the death of death but know of another burial in the same plot then the death of death of the other person may be able to locate the grave. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

Hi Scooby,
    Thanks for your reply. I do have some of the information they need. It's a family plot and I have the names and dates of birth/ death of two of the people buried there.
    I will try the number tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

how did you get on mocking bird?

Advertisement