Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Galwaylan Dedicated Server

• 05-01-2006 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Hi there gang, The very very kind people over at www.gaming365.ie have sponsored us our very own dedicated games server colocated in hosting365's top class data centre in parkwest. So at the moment we shall be running a qw (it keeps dave quiet) server a unranked bf2 server (working on getting it ranked) and perhaps a kalliera server for you crazy emulation folks. The server has been live since before christmas however i'm not happy to release it until i have all the game installs and configs to where I'm happy and with me being over here in the states till saturday thats when I'll get a chance to work on it. So all going well it should be all good by the end of the weekend.
    If you have any recommendations or feedback on it let me know

Danny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

We'll be installing a good few fruity game-servers on it, a list of which shall be posted. Only a few from those installed will be running at any one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭electrofelix

Cool, now all I need is broadband so I can test out the games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Asok wrote:
    Hi there gang, The very very kind people over at www.gaming365.ie have sponsored us our very own dedicated games server colocated in hosting365's top class data centre in parkwest. So at the moment we shall be running a qw (it keeps dave quiet) server a unranked bf2 server (working on getting it ranked) and perhaps a kalliera server for you crazy emulation folks. The server has been live since before christmas however i'm not happy to release it until i have all the game installs and configs to where I'm happy and with me being over here in the states till saturday thats when I'll get a chance to work on it. So all going well it should be all good by the end of the weekend.
    If you have any recommendations or feedback on it let me know

Danny

Kaillera you say?
    Street fighter alpha 3 you say?
    Cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

run a wow server somehow and for some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

QW server is actually getting lots of use
    cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

ye gang of us most nights :)

Cheers guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

No problem guys glad your enjoying it :)
    There is also qizmo running on it. ( I don't know what that is but que assures me its a good thing)

Thats the qw side to a level that I'm happy with
    Will get kalliera on there tonight (I'm 5 hours early for work to get this sorted so ye owe me)

Right thats the kalliera server up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

You gender confused wolf you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Asok wrote:
    There is also qizmo running on it. ( I don't know what that is but que assures me its a good thing)

Hey, just to note, there hasn't been a qizmo running on it since you set the stuff to start properly etc, I just figured you decided against it. If you want to run it you've just gotta run the shortcut to qizmo in the quakedir/qizmo ..

Thanks for the servers again, the newbies are pleased. :)

• Advertisement

Ahm I've had that running the whole time. hmmm tis odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Asok wrote:
    No problem guys glad your enjoying it :)

Thats the qw side to a level that I'm happy with
    Will get kalliera on there tonight (I'm 5 hours early for work to get this sorted so ye owe me)
    almost more chicks playing QW any time I log on tbh.

orly_owl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Bit of chop on the qw server tonight, people getting PL spikes all at the same time, which looks a mite dodgy to me. It's not lag, just a total freeze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

nice, server has no webby on it?

its coming

oh is it? .... Really....

Yes, once I find a spare second.
    Going to be tw33king stuff for a bit.

And you should be studying and pleasuring your woman, not making wild accusations regarding the fidelity of Cygnus bewickii

ceh!?
    "computer services at NUIG suck" - says my mom!

www.galwaylan.com - DooDee's project - in development.
    Anus

• Advertisement

had a look at that galwaylan site, noticed that both servers lack when it comes to memory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

you ever priced a gig of ECC DDR266 Dell poweredge friendly memory?

Advertisement