Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

well!

• 05-01-2006 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

what do people think of trivium:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I don't like them. Too angsty and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Eazzzy

they are prettty bad. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Good drummer though. No Vinnie PAul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Eazzzy wrote:
    they are prettty bad. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Good drummer though. No Vinnie PAul

They wouldnt be so bad if they gave up the stupid fu*king vocals the sound like a pathetic "screamo" band and ditched the stupid imagery they try to have on their videos, which seems purely to draw in the little angsty 13year old kids who only started listening to metal to seem "alternative / different"

In comparison to V.P. their drummer sucks. he just sounds like someone who learned off a text book and is afraid to step outside the normal boundaries, completely different to Vinnie, and pantera in general. Those crazy motherf*ckers basically saved metal from death by grunge and Nu metal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

not loving them. mate of mine swears by them. heard 1 song i liked but my brother got the album. typical ****e coming from roadrunner these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

dont like em. then again i hate metalcore and all associated everythings. all associated everythings that is, except Reroute to Remain. In Flames may have turned metalcore, but dammit its not bad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not a big fan...they seem a bit...bland...
    and when will they stop showing th gunshot to the head of trepidation(or something) video on scuzz :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A great potential but enormous disappointment. And as someone said, typical modern Roadrunner crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

they don't interest me at all really, it's their style, which is reminiscent of Bullet For My Valentine or Machine Head, that dosen't really attract but I completely favor Machine Head over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I think there terrible. I dont know which is worse. when he trys to sing or when he screams. Wouldn't be so bad if they had some decent music behind the singer
    its the same old crap really except the drums tho. There Impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaladFingers

I love them....and have concert tickets to prove it, lol! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I like them but there sinings gay, solos are rather tasty and some good drumming but theres those damm gay breakdowns aswell, overall though i give em a 7/10 not in my top 50 bands but still a good listen to every once and a while.

Know a load of people who love and hate them, as for them sounding like machine head, ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS? they do however sound a good bit like a heavier/better bullet for my valentine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

who???

heheh ciao' ......Baggio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Baggio wrote:
    who???

They're a band who're not Rush. Don't worry, nobody expects you to have heard of them. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

:D laughs at the hungus ,,,ok amigo..happy new year by the way :)

ciao'...Baggio...........

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As I said in the other post about the other thing (Steoob's request for an aural blow-job), they're OK till the "take me to the prom" singing bit kicks in., Saw that same vid I mentioned this morning on Scuzz - made me sick. amp was beside me and he thought it was trying to bridge a musical gap between metal and radio friendly rock stuff. I explained it's a gap that should never be crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Not a big fan...they seem a bit...bland...

exactly how I've been describing them, don't see why they seem to be so popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Cactus Col wrote:
    exactly how I've been describing them, don't see why they seem to be so popular.

"Popular" because Angsty 13year old american kids like them, and because (typical of roadrunner's usual bullsh1t) roadrunner made such a hype about them that many people went and just bought they're music and went to their gigs because they thought trivium were going to be the next big cool thing and be a trendy band to be seen to like.
    Actually has anyone seen the Issue of Metal Hammer where the try say that the guys from shadows fall , bullet for my vvalentine and trivium are going to be some kind if sh1t-hot new wave of equals to Dimebag? What a load of sh!t. :( :mad: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Not bad at all - ascendancy's a good album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaladFingers

Not bad at all - ascendancy's a good album

Yea, i agree, its an amazing album, one of the best of the year in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Screamo Metallica without the attitude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement